Parking at Lee Valley for Revolution

dabber
dabber Posts: 1,927
edited February 2015 in Road general
We are off to Lee valley on Saturday 28th for the first time to see the Revolution Series in the evening.

We plan to drive but can't find much detail on parking. Anyone any recommendations please?
“You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut

Comments

• Look on their website, they probably give recommendations. I'm guessing the Westfield shopping centre with it's massive car parks will be the one they recommend though there might be ones slightly nearer.
  • kim10
    kim10 Posts: 186
    Last time I went we just parked at the Westfield shopping centre. From there its about 10 min walk.
  • dabber
    Thanks, that's good to know. It's good to know the time to walk to and from. I would go there by train but don't really fancy the late night train journey home.
    The web searches I'd done all seemed to point me at public transport.

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • dave35
    dave35 Posts: 1,124
    Stratford international, £3.10 for 6 hours parking. 10 mins walk to the velodrome-I should know-i work there. Enjoy the racing
  • dabber
    Dave,,,, thanks, that looks perfect,

Much appreciated,

• awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    dont forget it is a Saturday at the end of school half term in Essex at least and it is a shopping centre open till 9pm, not saying the car park will be full its got 5000 spaces, but it will be very busy traffic wise I suspect around there.

and it might only be a 10min walk via the most direct route, but I do remember for Revolutions round 1 for some reason the fluorescent jacket rentacrowd control sent loads of people round via the copper box route instead, both there and back which took more than twice as long.
  • dabber
    Thanks for that.. I'm currently thinking of using the Stratfield International car park instead of Westfield based on Dave's suggestion (and subsequent bit of googling). However, I take the point about the busy traffic and late night shopping. I'll plan to be there in good time and just hope we don't end up getting diverted into a route march to reach the velodrome. :)
    I'm looking forward to it. I haven't been to an indoor track event since I went to one of the Skol Six Day events at the old Wembley Pool... around the late 1960's I think. Not sure how I came to go to that as I wasn't at seriously into cycling at the time. Kayak racing was my sport.

• I'll be there that night but coming via tube as I'll be drinking beforehand...and cos it's easier for me. I take it they have bars there? Or is that a stupid thing to ask?
  • kim10
    kim10 Posts: 186
    I'll be there that night but coming via tube as I'll be drinking beforehand...and cos it's easier for me. I take it they have bars there? Or is that a stupid thing to ask?

They most definitely have bars there! :D:D