Account not registered-can't use primary username/email

Tried to set up account on mobile-no captcha appeared. Now my usermame and primary email are locked and I'm stuck with this meh nic and an email account from '97. How can I fix this annoying business!

Thanks.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    You will have to give us a bit more of a clue.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ScrantonFud
    ScrantonFud Posts: 5
    edited February 2015
    Be happy to, Attempted to open an account, submitted username (Fudloe) and email on an Android device. No Captcha was evident and I was unaware one should be until I submitted my request and a warning that the necessary captcha sequence had been omitted popped up.

When I moved to a PC to re-submit info, I was alerted that my user name and email were already in use (which was not the case during the first abortive attempt). When checking the faq for advice, I was directed to contact an admin. This was impoasible until I opened an account. Catch 22!

Also- checked spam folder- no email.

So I have since created this account on an email account I no longer use in order to try and retrieve my original information as it is the handle I use in virtually all web interactions and I'd rather keep it if I can.

Got a chance to rrevise- hope it makes more sense.
  • Also- I do not usually exhibit such god-awful syntax. I'm wrangling my kid whilst attempting to clarify!
  • nicklouse
    Interesting as there is no user with the ID Fudloe ( is that correct?) and no account with that ID has been deleted.

The site is currently going through a lot of updates and changes so it might be somwhere where I can not see.

The IT guys will be back in the morning UK time so I am sure they will have a look.

So sorry to say you will hav to keep this one for a while.

A little note we do seem to have a blank spot in the search at the moment so I could be hiding in there.

Please bear with us.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Of course! I'm in no hurry. I can get here, so all is well!
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 81
    Hi ScrantonFud,

If you drop me a PM with the username and email you used, I'll set the account up for you so you can log in to it.

Thanks,

Chris
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Chris wrote:
    Hi ScrantonFud,

If you drop me a PM with the username and email you used, I'll set the account up for you so you can log in to it.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris, he won't be able to PM as he hasn't got the privileges until he has posted more.
  • nicklouse
    His second post has his user ID.
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 81
    Well done guys, you passed my test! *cough*

Scranton - I'm going to e-mail you at the address you used to create Fudloe. Please check that inbox :)

Thanks,

Chris