Gmail now treating Bikeradar messages as spam

dhope
dhope Posts: 6,699
It wasn't before, the 'You have a message' stuff would get through. Now it's caught by a spam filter. I know I can tag it as not spam, but maybe there's something in the mail server settings changed since the recent site maintenance...
Rose Xeon CW Disc
CAAD12 Disc
Condor Tempo

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Bike Radar emails are coming through to my Gmail account no problem, none in Spam.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    same is happening to me. Not sure if anyone who knows how to use gmail can tell me how to not spam anything from BR?
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 81
    Hi Coriordan,

Firstly, if you go to the junk folder and find the e-mail, tick the little box next to the e-mail and then click 'Not Spam' at the top of the page.

After that, if you open the e-mail up and click the little down arrow in the top right of the e-mail, you can select 'Add bikeradar@bikeradar.com to Contacts list"

This should then mean they always appear in your main inbox rather than spam.

Thanks,

Chris
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Actually I did that just before you posted and it worked. Emails now coming through.

Thanks!
  • Chris
    No problem, glad it's sorted!
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Chris, Can you confirm what email address I could flag as a 'Safe Sender'.
    I've stopped getting email notifications on Messages. I have had this before with another site, emails were being taken out by the webfilter and not even appearing in spam, even though the mail provider said otherwise... added to safe sender and I started getting emails again. I really don't like BT and their new mail service
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • Chris
    brettjmcc wrote:
    Chris, Can you confirm what email address I could flag as a 'Safe Sender'.
    I've stopped getting email notifications on Messages. I have had this before with another site, emails were being taken out by the webfilter and not even appearing in spam, even though the mail provider said otherwise... added to safe sender and I started getting emails again. I really don't like BT and their new mail service

It should just be bikeradar@bikeradar.com - though I have heard a few people have the same issues as you are experiencing with BT. ISPs shouldn't be picking and choosing which mail to let people have :(

I'm going to see today if there's anything we can do to help with this.
  • brettjmcc
    Chris,
    I don't think it's you, it's the lazy software services they employee 'on our behalf'. BT seemed to make a change early to mid January, they deny there is nothing wrong.

I've added the address to the Allowed list, so if that works, they are definitely blocking the email, which means you should probably ask them who is doing their Spam servicing, as it appears that you (and a few other organisations) are on the disavowed list...
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    I like Carbon
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Hotmail did this a month or so ago, after a 'forum update', not sure if that was the cause. Took some time for me to convince hotmail they were OK - adding into safe senders etc didnt seem to help - I had to add the email address into my contacts address book and then that seemed to sort it.
  • We are working on this, I belive the new email system is sending incorrect headers which leads these clients to mark it as suspicious.
  • brettjmcc
    samegeorgeUk

Just to confirm, notifications of PMs still are not getting through to my Inbox despite the address given being on the Safe list.
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    I like Carbon