Forum Styling updates

Hello

I am frantically trying to update the header but all our office's network just went down....

It will look a mess until I can get connectivity again!

Sorry

(sent from my iphone obviously)

Comments

• I quite like it so far..........
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Pleased.

...and that takes a bit of doing with me :)
  • Normal service should now be resumed - I may have missed something but - hopefully that will be a bit better on the eyes.

Next stop is to make it all a bit mobile friendly and a little more easy on the eyes.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Current changes are very much appreciated, and a more mobile friendly site would also be great. Now - any chance of Tapatalk support?
  • Hi Graeme_S

We are looking at all the options at the moment and we are for sure investigating Tapatalk.

We will be going mobile friendly for sure soon, just working through the quick wins at the moment.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Thanks for the reply, and understand completely. Just thought I'd mention it while you were looking at such things.
  • Quite often when websites change from one design to another it's a disaster with confusing layouts and lost functionality. Have to say this is not the case here, looks great.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,924
    How my screen looks now was deliberate?
    OK
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • While you're looking at layout...

When on Home Page (or any other) and scrolled right to the top of the page, the links menu has "Home, Reviews, Guides, News, Features, Forum, More" across the banner at the top.

As soon as you scroll away from the very top of the page, even a single scroll wheel click.. the link to "Forum" disappears from that menu, leaving the rest. It's always done that. EVEN ON A FULL WINDOW DISPLAY IN THE BROWSER...

Why???????????????????

Chrome Browser on Win 7.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 81
    While you're looking at layout...

When on Home Page (or any other) and scrolled right to the top of the page, the links menu has "Home, Reviews, Guides, News, Features, Forum, More" across the banner at the top.

As soon as you scroll away from the very top of the page, even a single scroll wheel click.. the link to "Forum" disappears from that menu, leaving the rest. It's always done that. EVEN ON A FULL WINDOW DISPLAY IN THE BROWSER...

Why???????????????????

Chrome Browser on Win 7.

This is something we're already working on fixing - you're right, it makes no sense!

Thanks,

Chris
  • Chris wrote:

This is something we're already working on fixing - you're right, it makes no sense!

Thanks,

Chris

Thank you. :-)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Also the bit that shows 'who is online' is now not visible. (IE9)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    I wondered why the top half of the screen (iPad Air) was blank, then I realised that's where the ads should be, when occasionally :D An ad turns up it is half obscured by that blue bar at the top of the page so I can't read the ads, not really a problem for me :D

The blue bar moves away from the top of the page and appears on gets stuck on top of the typing field so I can't see what I am typing (well this is my excuse for typing rubbish anyway).
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    team47b wrote:
    I wondered why the top half of the screen (iPad Air) was blank, then I realised that's where the ads should be, when occasionally :D An ad turns up it is half obscured by that blue bar at the top of the page so I can't read the ads, not really a problem for me :D

The blue bar moves away from the top of the page and appears on gets stuck on top of the typing field so I can't see what I am typing (well this is my excuse for typing rubbish anyway).
    We're working on that too.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • That should now be Done team47b
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Chris wrote:
    While you're looking at layout...

Why???????????????????

Chrome Browser on Win 7.

Thanks,

Chris

Still not fixed. :x
  • fudgey
    fudgey Posts: 854
    I have found that on iphone/ipad if i make a spelling mistake i cant just highlight it and click the correctly spelt word as it just flashes to copy/paste/whatever and wont let you do it.
    Also i cannot put the cursor in the middle of a word, i have to delete to where i went wrong and retype.

Also on the pc there is a banner that appears at the top that i find annoying. I know i am on bike radar.

Cheers
    My winter bike is exactly the same as my summer bike,,, but dirty...
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Fudgey wrote:
    Also on the pc there is a banner that appears at the top that i find annoying. I know i am on bike radar.
    The banner is annoying and behaves in an inconsistent way on the (Windows) browsers I've tried it on. If the window is maximised or large we initially get two levels of it, but any downward scrolling makes the top line (All, Road, MTB, Urban) vanish, leaving the 'Home, Reviews, etc.' line fixed, which doesn't make much sense. In an attempt to be 'responsive' (i.e., look nice on tablets) we get a less useful plain banner with just a Bikeradar link and menu 'hamburger' with smaller (but still relatively large) browser window sizes, and it auto-hides when scrolling down and drops down when scrolling up in a way that makes me feel slightly ill.
  • fudgey
    I use mozilla firefox on the work pc.
    Its only annoying as if i try to have a quick look on the sly at work its plainly obvious what i am looking at. Haha.
  • fudgey
    Oh i forgot to mention that on iphone/ipad there is often a MASSIVE lag between typing and the letters actually appearing on the screen.

That is THEE most annoying thing for me!!

Doesnt happen on any other forums i use (mostly IB forums)
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    The site is just plain horrible on Android phones and tablets using chrome browser. Jumps around more than any site I've ever used and I seem to have to select links at least 3 times before anything actually happens. More often than not I end up on the wrong sub forum or thread.

I guess the site designers forgot to test on Android because there's no way they could have designed the site to be this sh!t.
    More problems but still living....
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    When I am on my laptop running Firefox and I scroll down a page the blue headline (Banner/header whatever its called) jumps and stays at the top of the page no matter how far down you scroll with the mouse or key pad. Its ugly as sin and makes reading a page a pain because a quarter of the screen is taken up with the header.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap