Interval training on the Wattbike

shedhead
shedhead Posts: 367
Hi,

Been using the wattbike at the gym for about 6 months now & i'm really enjoying it, well most of the time :) . I have been following a few of the training sessions from their site. I have never really done any HIIT sessions , be it on the road or wattbike. Does anyone have a link from their site where I can find some interval sessions or other plans I can incorporate into my session along with the team sky warm up please ? I am using the pro if that make any difference.

Thanks in advance
'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.

Comments

• AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    Why are you doing the team sky warm up on a wattbike? :s
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    I may be missing something here but why not - if you are doing a hard interval session a decent warm up is important.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    I was just wondering as I hadnt heard of warming up like that before intervals on a turbo, maybe im the one missing something
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    that warm up is very similar to the BC one they give all the youths on various programes and is considered one of the best you can do for most disciplines.
  • shedhead
    Hi all,

I'm based in Derby & the instructor at the gym i use is a coach for team GB & is manager at the new velodrome (he has now moved from my gym, so i cannot ask him). He suggested this to me when i first started using the watt bike & it is also one of the most core & important principles of the watt bike. It is on there site if anyone fancies it & is is very good & certainly gets you"warm" if done properly.
    'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    There is a training guide on the website..
    http://wattbike.com/uk/guide

The actual training plans are at the back after all the info about testing and set-up.
  • DeVlaeminck
    shedhead wrote:
    Hi all,

I'm based in Derby & the instructor at the gym i use is a coach for team GB & is manager at the new velodrome (he has now moved from my gym, so i cannot ask him). He suggested this to me when i first started using the watt bike & it is also one of the most core & important principles of the watt bike. It is on there site if anyone fancies it & is is very good & certainly gets you"warm" if done properly.

I've been using the same gym over the Winter - small world !
  • shedhead
    DeVlaeminck,

Small world indeed mate, is it Oakwood gym ? I may be the guy who's leaking badly next to you ! :D
  • DeVlaeminck
    shedhead wrote:
    DeVlaeminck,

Small world indeed mate, is it Oakwood gym ? I may be the guy who's leaking badly next to you ! :D

Yes Springwood, been using it over Winter, planning on cancelling my membership for the Summer hopefully the velodrome gym is open before that happens so I can check it out.
  • shedhead
    shedhead wrote:
    DeVlaeminck,

Yes Springwood, been using it over Winter, planning on cancelling my membership for the Summer hopefully the velodrome gym is open before that happens so I can check it out.

I spoke with Phil last week & he said they may have an opening date this week, possibly mid march, although they currently only have two wattbikes. I may head over there as it is easier for me to get to, but my son uses the weights so hopefully he will find the gym agreeable to his 16 yr old standards, whilst his ancient dad spends a boring hour or two on the bike :D
  • I used to use the sufferfest videos on the wattbike. Worked really well. Rather than follow the attacks and do it as RPE I set target for each interval, so something like 400W for each 1 minute interval on revolver, or 340W on a very dark place, and just stay steady for the duration.