I really don't like Mondays...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited February 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

After a sh1tty weekend, I really cba with work.

I need to clear my head, toooo many things going on in there for my liking.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Morning Ladies,

Yes, It was sh.tty weekend for me as well. Sunday not bad but Sat....

Still fighting my flu, so no ride yesterday.

Just checking my diary and it looks like bloody busy week.

Have a nice day.

Chris
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning all,
    Good weekend, finished off by stupidly buying a bike I didn't want off the Bay for no good reason. I seem to have bought a 10 year old Rockhopper I didn't want because I wanted a cheap disc rear wheel to build up my old Pinnacle and sell to a mates son. Rockhopper has had discs fitted so I'll nick the wheels and brakes off it, fit V brakes back onto it and stick it back up for sale. Put the disc wheels onto the Pinnacle and sell that to my mate. It would have been easier to buy a wheel.
    Still feeling a bit bunged up with manful but hopefully it will be a fairly quiet day today, but we'll see what it brings. EPO is out drinking tonight so I should get use of the remote for a while.
    I need more tea now, then I shall go on a biscuit hunt.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Ok ish weekend for me. Not enough sleep last night as I was up fom about 1-3am with the young un. Still got my best average speed on my ride in this morning. Must be getting my fitness back a bit. Still got a long way to go so the cc2ccc2cc thing doesn't kill me.

Work should be easy this week, different site and half term so feet up for the most of it. However my cup of tea was disappointing, first cup had loads of scum in it from a dirty cup and spoon so that was chucked. 2nd cup was a bit better so not all bad.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    After a great weekend, today in more pants than I want
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    Are you layering up because the world is falling out of your aris' after a heavy weekend?
  • oodboo wrote:
    Still got my best average speed on my ride in this morning. Must be getting my fitness back a bit. Still got a long way to go so the cc2ccc2cc thing doesn't kill me.
    I really need to get back into it or I'll be the slowest of them all! Motivation is lacking at the moment
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Rubbish weekend. Saturday morning bike ride accompanied by stomach cramps and then apparently dysentery for the rest of the weekend. Came into work today because I'm a Big Damn Hero but feel moderately dreadful.
  • After being a good boy on both Fruday and Saturday nights, I now have a hangover :?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    After being a good boy on both Fruday and Saturday nights, I now have a hangover :?
    Better to have a hangover at work than to waste a Saturday or Sunday. :twisted:

Unless you're a heart surgeon or something.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Are you layering up because the world is falling out of your aris' after a heavy weekend?

:)
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    oodboo wrote:
    Still got my best average speed on my ride in this morning. Must be getting my fitness back a bit. Still got a long way to go so the cc2ccc2cc thing doesn't kill me.
    I really need to get back into it or I'll be the slowest of them all! Motivation is lacking at the moment
    No no, you stay in that chair. Let me not be last :)
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Evening Mongs,

Been interviewing for a new minion today apart from all the usual crap. I think I've earned a drink when I get home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    What a toss monday that was!

Got tv based sport on at the moment and a full stomach so things are looking up. Turned down a two year extension on my job today so become a pensioner/retiree/veteran in november.......cannot wait!

Toodle pip.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    So...the lad has admitted to having a girlie and he is out having dinner at her place tonight, with her parents! Her dad has offered to drive him back later. Should I be worried? Will her dad just want to talk to him and maybe give him a warning or will he actually break his legs? Should I just not worry about it?
    Unfortunately I was at work when I found out about this so had minimal opportunity to warn him about possible consequences.
    Presumably I shouldn't ask if he has pictures of her norks.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Veronese68 wrote:
    So...the lad has admitted to having a girlie and he is out having dinner at her place tonight, with her parents! Her dad has offered to drive him back later. Should I be worried? Will her dad just want to talk to him and maybe give him a warning or will he actually break his legs? Should I just not worry about it?
    Unfortunately I was at work when I found out about this so had minimal opportunity to warn him about possible consequences.
    Presumably I shouldn't ask if he has pictures of her norks.
    Be worried, he's not going to get his end away tonight so he'll be in a bad mood when he gets home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Well, he survived and was happy. Unfortunately he didn't take my advice and ate everything that was within reach and not nailed down so may not be invited back. He did let me try some chocolate brownies she made him for Valentines day, very good.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Well, he survived and was happy. Unfortunately he didn't take my advice and ate everything that was within reach and not nailed down so may not be invited back. He did let me try some chocolate brownies she made him for Valentines day, very good.

I have a vision of chocolate brownies for valentines
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    This kind of thing:
    Brownies1.jpg
    Just in case any clarification was needed.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    This kind of thing:
    Brownies1.jpg
    Just in case any clarification was needed.

As long as I was 'giving' the brownies - I prefer my vision