Reynolds cryo-blue power brake pads

pedalbasher
pedalbasher Posts: 215
edited February 2015 in Road general
What a mouthful.

I need to replace these (came with my Assault SLG wheels last year). Apparently the warranty on the wheels is only valid if I use these pads.

I can't seem to find them anywhere online! And where they are shown as "out of stock", they're in the £55-60 bracket! For 4 brake pads?!

Can anyone tell me where to get a set (i.e. 4 pads) online for a relatively decent price?

I note there are 2 types of Reynolds blue pads - the "normal" cryo pads and the "power" version, which is the version that came with my wheels and I'm therefore reluctant to change from (they've been great) - but if there's bvgger all difference then I'll just get the cheaper "normal" ones (which are more readily available too).

Cheers

Comments

• DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Get these: viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12670609&start=7480

They're the same as the normal Cryo Blue pads. But currently out of Shimano stock.
  • cswitch
    cswitch Posts: 261
    I used to use the Cryo pads on some Reynolds - they were really good. I wouldn't worry about the Cryo standard version. They actually seemed to give better (or at least as good) breaking than aluminium rims and Salmon pads. Not grabby either.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    There is a big difference between the regular cryo blues and the power version. I would stick with the power version if I were you. They're not cheap, but braking is an area you shouldn't compromise over a few quid.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg