Fred whitton entry failure

Hi all did anyone else pay there entry fee via PayPal and experience any problems? The reason I ask is I paid my fee....or so I thought.. last Friday on my pc at work then flew out to Germany on business and thought no more about it only to come home yesterday and discover no email receipt, so I checked the entry list and 7 of my club mates are in the event (we all got a lottery entry) but I'm not mentioned and we are riding for a local charity etc.
Have emailed the organisers today to explain my predicament and tried ringing the contact number but no joy yet.
Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem? If not then my suspicions lie with the my company's draconian internet access.

Comments

• Did'nt get in on the lottery (2nd year trying) but, was offered a place last Monday as I had put my name down for reserves so clicked the link and paid online. Monies gone from my account but, not received any confirmation. I don't just click on any link and offer my cc details, It was in a reply to an email I sent asking to be put on the reserves list.. If you could put up the link for the entry list I'd appreciate it
  • http://www.resultsbase.net/Event/Partic ... px?Id=2650 Hope this works I've still not heard anything from the organisers
  • cheers!! Names on the list so looks like i've run out of excuses! good luck with your entry..
  • I keep emailing but no reply!!
  • not sure what email your using but have you tried Paul Loftus <mail@fredwhittonchallenge.org.uk> good luck
  • yup tried that and the contacts form and spoken to Pauls wife who said he is away but someone should pick up the emails aarrrgh
  • I received email confirmation that I had entered the ballot, but never received any confirmation that I was either succesful or unsuccesful in the ballot. I've emailed them twice to query this, and ask if I could be put on the waiting list assuming that I had not been succesful, but never received any response.

All a bit strange tbh.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Why not go on the day and ride the course? As long as you aren't encroaching on the provided facilities and don't use the actual start/finish I don't see a problem. Or ride the route in reverse, setting off at the start time? You'll know the general time and you've ridden the route.
    M.Rushton
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    mrushton wrote:
    Why not go on the day and ride the course? As long as you aren't encroaching on the provided facilities and don't use the actual start/finish I don't see a problem. Or ride the route in reverse, setting off at the start time? You'll know the general time and you've ridden the route.

Riding the route in reverse would be pretty stupid. I know its not closed roads but still deliberately going against the flow is asking for trouble.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Thère's also the option of the Whitton 4 seasons. You can do the route any day of the year and there are tag in stations along the route so your time can be recorded. Have done it myself and I quite liked having the roads to myself.
  • hector88
    hector88 Posts: 44
    http://www.resultsbase.net/Event/Participants.aspx?Id=2650 Hope this works I've still not heard anything from the organisers

If my name shows up on the search there, does that mean I can enter? I never received an email so assumed I didn't get it, but my name shows up when I search...
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    I have an entry but now unfortunately I cant make it.

Are the tickets transferable?
    Willing to sell my ticket if someone wants it?

Or you can ride under my name, although I dont know how ticket collection goes.

Thanks
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Is your entry still available?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Markwb79 wrote:
    I have an entry but now unfortunately I cant make it.

Are the tickets transferable?
    Willing to sell my ticket if someone wants it?

Or you can ride under my name, although I dont know how ticket collection goes.

Thanks

Pretty sure you won't be allowed to do that.
    I seem to remember at registration the day before you need to bring photo ID.
    From the FW T&C's:

Entry Fee is not Refundable or Transferable:
    If your entry is successful and you later cancel then all of your fee will go to the event charities. However if you can’t ride the event and let us know and cancel your place in time for us (or you) to find a replacement rider (who pay their own entry fee), then we will save you a place in next year’s event (entry fee payable again next year if you take up that place). Note that we might not have time to do a replacement unless you cancel at least 3 weeks before the event.