2015 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1

ACDC271
ACDC271 Posts: 36
edited February 2015 in Your road bikes
Picked this up from my LBS last week :D , not had chance to set it up, ride it or even sit on it yet :cry: . Indoor pic only just now as the weather is terrible here. I have a K-Edge chain catcher and K-Edge Gamin mount along with a King Ti bottle cage and speedplay zero stainless pedals ready to fit. Also still need to fit the magnets for the ridesense. Not sure about the saddle, I'll try it for a while on the turbo, if I don't get on with it it will be replaced with a Rido Rlt. Need to order some matte finish helicopter tape to fit on the under side of the down tube and maybe a little bit an the rear of the seat tube to protect from stone chips but other wise the cable routing looks good and I can't see any other areas just yet that might need protecting from rub. Weight for a medium, as it is with bell and reflectors removed 8.05kg.

16390403266_a2acd55146_b.jpg

Comments

• Very nice that. I really like the new Giant Defy Advanced range.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Are you a mountain biker?
  • That's awesome!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • styxd wrote:

I have been for the last 10 years, lost my mojo for cycling for a while and then got bitten by the roadie bug :wink: I have a Defy 5 as a bad weather/training bike and then found myself applying the n+1 rule. They do say variety is the spice of life :D Why do you ask?
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    ACDC271 wrote:
    styxd wrote:

I have been for the last 10 years, lost my mojo for cycling for a while and then got bitten by the roadie bug :wink: I have a Defy 5 as a bad weather/training bike and then found myself applying the n+1 rule. They do say variety is the spice of life :D Why do you ask?

The helicopter tape on the underside of the downtube gave it away :D
  • Nice bike and red & black paint job is perfect.

But why do people photo their bikes in their front room?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Nice bike, looks very good in that colour.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Nice bike and red & black paint job is perfect.

Because the kitchen's too untidy.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Really want one of these to replace my 2012 alu Defy... Same colour scheme too!
  • I think the Defy may the best looking bike currently in the Giant range.
  • ajkerr73
    ajkerr73 Posts: 318
    I think the Defy may the best looking bike currently in the Giant range.

Any suggestions for some bling cages to compliment this bike?
  • Colours of that bike look great. I just picked up 2 Arundel Mandible cages for my 2015 Defy Advanced Pro 0 (which I have yet to pick up -- LBS says April). Good deal on Ribble (to Canada), but still expensive. Haven't used them yet, but they look cool and the reviews are solid.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    dwanes wrote:
    Nice bike and red & black paint job is perfect.

Because the kitchen's too untidy.
    Needs to be in front of a white garage door ;-)