Toosday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited February 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Football last night was painful. I think I've damaged something in my lower legs, but not sure what. They ache like mad this morning, but not in a tired way, more in a pain way :/

Today I have to put up with retard minion again. He had a dyslexia test a few weeks ago, and the results came in. For most the results he is 'well below average'. Oh dear.

Tonight is domestic Tuesday, so I should do some form of tidying, but if my legs still hurt, sod that!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Moring Ladies!

Gym this morning @ 6:30 - good workout at last !!

Office time now then off to London for a site visit.

Football night tonight unless the pitch is frozen!!

Have a nice day.

Chris
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Another day in paradise. Had to drive the EPO in again today so no wobbling, saw a marked police van take the mirror off a parked car on the way in. He hit the brakes so he knows he hit it, but he didn't stop. Surely in a marked van he should have stopped. Should I report him?
    TKM if minion is below average in most of a dyslexia test that's not good. My daughter had one and the 3 main things they test are literacy, intelligence and working memory. Hopefully the intelligence is higher to compensate for a lack of working memory bringing literacy up to an acceptable level. Without the intelligence to compensate things will get difficult I should think. Most dyslexics do well on the intelligence and also compensate in other ways, leave him in a ditch.
    Bunking off work early today and going to the movies later, then a beer or five. Until then, tea and chocolate chip cookies.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Hi-diddly-ho forumenos,

I'm still feeling surprisingly chipper today even though the tea lady is AWOL.

Toodles
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    TKM if minion is below average in most of a dyslexia test that's not good.
    He got tested for everything. He apparently has strengths in 'visual perception and visual construction and is in the top 4% on Diamonds or something. Everything else is either below average or well below average. Apparently he is consistent with the Equality Act 2010 definition of disabled, yet he never declared it on his application form. He's worked here over a year now, so there's not much I can do other than hope he gets a job elsewhere (I doubt he will)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TKM if minion is below average in most of a dyslexia test that's not good.
    He got tested for everything. He apparently has strengths in 'visual perception and visual construction and is in the top 4% on Diamonds or something. Everything else is either below average or well below average. Apparently he is consistent with the Equality Act 2010 definition of disabled, yet he never declared it on his application form. He's worked here over a year now, so there's not much I can do other than hope he gets a job elsewhere (I doubt he will)
    Tell him he'd do really well at De Vere's or whatever the big cloggy diamond merchants are called.
  • oodboo
    Good feelings gone. LBS wants to charge me £25 for getting a BB out (not seized or anything, just didn't have the tool) and facing the BB shell. Should've bought the tool for £4 and left the shell as it was.

Strava
  • Good afternoon fellow forum denizens. Yesterday an event happened that means my girlfriend and I aren't going to be able to go to Andorra snowboarding next week. It's a thing involving a friend and absolutely trumps all other things in terms of importance, but I'm still feeling grumpy and micturated off about it. And feeling guilty about feeling grumpy, which isn't doing much for my mood.

Ah well, work is at least pleasant (it's not) and the time is passing quickly (I'm lying, I feel like I've been here for weeks already), and I'm not exhausted (I am, I slept really badly last night) and I don't have to drag my backside to the gym on the way home (I don't have to but I'm going to).

Blergh and rargh etc.
  • It's a thing involving a friend and absolutely trumps all other things in terms of importance,.
    If it involves a friend, I can't figure out what it is. If I found out that I had cancer, I wouldn't expect my family, never mind my friends, to change their plans. That would just be odd.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Er, it does indeed involve that (a biopsy, anyway). We haven't actually paid for anything yet, it was a last minute job, if we had things might have gone differently. I'm just whining, really.
  • oodboo
    tumblr_mw6qrfeheW1qf9mevo1_500.gif

Fark that, if they're a friend they would'nt want you missing your holiday.

Strava
  • veronese68
    It's a thing involving a friend and absolutely trumps all other things in terms of importance,.
    If it involves a friend, I can't figure out what it is. If I found out that I had cancer, I wouldn't expect my family, never mind my friends, to change their plans. That would just be odd.
    Been there done that, had cancer and agree with TKM. Obviously we don't know the exact circumstances, but as a general rule he is right.

edit: That's not to say TKM is right as a rule, obviously everyone in the CC is wrong. So very very wrong.
  • So very many other issues with this person it's untrue, and in all fairness our trip wasn't common knowledge so it's not a deliberate douche manoeuvre.

Blimey o crikey, I was looking forward to hitting the slopes though. Still, if we don't go to Andorra, we can take the bikes to Cannock or summat.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    edit: TKM is right as a rule, obviously everyone else in the CC is wrong. So very very wrong.
    Damn straight
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Evening mongs,

Headed home to play Dad's taxi for an almost certainly ungrateful stropteen. Also means I can't drink till later. Ho hum, at least I'm pedalling tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long day of meetings with a trip along the m5 and m6 to make it even worse

Received a great offer of free tickets for Peter Kay then realised I couldn't go because I'm going to top gear live :(
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    edit: TKM is right as a rule, obviously everyone else in the CC is wrong. So very very wrong.
    Damn straight
    Hmmmm.....