What do you do with your iPhone?

12346»

Comments

• Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    I don't believe "everything" on YouTube.

I believe certain things on YouTube and not others, just the same as the mainstream media.

If the news comes on and they say "Arsenal won 3-0" then its probably accurate. Beyond that, there's always another side to it elsewhere, other eyewitnesses, or simply a side to the story not even given on the news.

There's a reason newsreaders have white teeth and perfect haircuts. They want you to believe them.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Manc33 wrote:
    I only learned recently that "incredible" means unbelievable. I thought it meant amazing. :|
    incredible as in not credible.
    Much like your conspiracy theories.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Manc33 wrote:
    I honestly don't know what a sandwich bag is, no.

Is it something southerners say? Up here its a food bag.

I remember the first time I saw "Manchester Tarts" being sold on a butty van, was laughing my head off. I was in my thirties. :oops:

I thought "union" said onion until I got to about 25 years old, I wish I was joking.

I only learned recently that "incredible" means unbelievable. I thought it meant amazing. :|

Um, no. That's not because you are northern, it's because you are ignorant. Some of we northerners pay attention to the real word around us, rather than hanging on the every word of ridiculous youtube self-publicists. You should try lifting your head once in a while, it might help you to define incredible. :roll:
  • These secretly southern supermarkets have been in cahoots with 'the man' for many years passing themselves off as northern and trying to confuse the people with these which clearly state you can put other things in them apart from sandwiches.

This getting into the public consciousness will rock the establishment to its alien lizard New World Order Illuminati core :roll:

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    I don't use a sandwich bag for my phone as I thought you were only allowed to keep sandwiches in them. Or is that just what 'they' want us to think? At work we have ziplock type bags for packing small parts and I use them, perfect size for my outdated 4S and the screen still works through the bag, but not with gloves on.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I don't use a sandwich bag for my phone as I thought you were only allowed to keep sandwiches in them. Or is that just what 'they' want us to think? At work we have ziplock type bags for packing small parts and I use them, perfect size for my outdated 4S and the screen still works through the bag, but not with gloves on.

Last time I used a sandwich bag for my phone, I noticed I was being followed by a mysterious black car, driven by two guys in black suits, white shirts, black ties, trilby hats and dark glasses. It's quite clear to me that 'they' don't want us to use sandwich bags for anything other than sandwiches. Unless you're from the north, of course...
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Imposter wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Last time I used a sandwich bag for my phone, I noticed I was being followed by a mysterious black car, driven by two guys in black suits, white shirts, black ties, trilby hats and dark glasses. It's quite clear to me that 'they' don't want us to use sandwich bags for anything other than sandwiches. Unless you're from the north, of course...

It wasn't a hearse by any chance? Waiting for a safe place to overtake you? :wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • imposter2.0
    City Boy wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

It wasn't a hearse by any chance? Waiting for a safe place to overtake you? :wink:

:lol:
  • Manc33
    Knowing a sandwich bag by another term isn't that important. I could say the same about people not looking into world affairs.

What about when someone says "I'll put my biscuits in that bag" and someone else says "You can't, thats for sandwiches" :roll: You might not think that would happen but yes, people are like that.

Its quicker to say "food bag" and it covers a broader spectrum. What's so important about sandwiches anyway, you lot are putting iPhones in them, which isn't even food.

I use those bags for putting bike parts in, especially my chain. You can use the bags as gloves, sort of.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    I only put plastic in my plastic bags, hessian in my hessian bags and brown paper in my brown paper bags.
  • I put sandwiches in my sandwich bag but I also put crisps and cereal bars, is this permissible?
  • imposter2.0
    I put sandwiches in my sandwich bag but I also put crisps and cereal bars, is this permissible?

You are under arrest...come out with your hands up...
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    :D Been away for a while and just spent a wonderful 1/2 hour finding out how a question about where to put your iphone on a ride can turn into a discussion of Fred Dibnah's demolition techniques for factory chimneys.

Genius and keep it up :D
  • Manc33
    pdstsp wrote:
    :D Been away for a while and just spent a wonderful 1/2 hour finding out how a question about where to put your iphone on a ride can turn into a discussion of Fred Dibnah's demolition techniques for factory chimneys.

Its not "where to put" an iPhone though its "what do you do" with one.

If the title said "where to put" I would have never replied at all.

My first answer was based on what to do with an iPhone, so blame OP. :P
  • Manc33 wrote:
    pdstsp wrote:

Its not "where to put" an iPhone though its "what do you do" with one.

If the title said "where to put" I would have never replied at all.

My first answer was based on what to do with an iPhone, so blame OP. :P

What for? 9/11?

Personally, I only put sand in my sandwiches. Mmm...crunchy.
  • I put witches in mine ... Mm ... Evil!
  • Manc33
    I watch Ken O'Keefe on it.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Kennedy.

Quick, run away, abort thread.
  • Manc33
    What happened to Samsung Galaxy anyway? Whenever I looked they always had a better spec than iPhones and were cheaper. Those people queuing up to buy them just as they are released need segregating and putting on their own island so they don't breed with normal people. Just dumb enough to queue up for one (for no real reason) and just intelligent enough to use it.
  • The truth is out there
  • Manc33
    Bondurant wrote:
    The truth is out there

They just want you to think that hence promoting such a phrase on mainstream TV.

Its looking "out there" for answers thats the problem. Someone else always knows better, we put far too much faith in other people. As Michael Tsarion says... get back to selfhood.

Doctors for example - they save lives and so on but if I took my doctors advice when he told me I didn't have appendicitis (when I was only really there to tell him I did have it and just wanted to know what to do next) I would be dead. He told me to go back home, so I did. Two weeks later I had my appendix taken out and the nurse told me I had about 3 days left before it burst. So f**k that doctor and f**k putting anything like as much faith in them as we are encouraged to. They seem to be there to dole out anti-depressants like confetti for the most part. Same doctor gave me an anti-depressant when I told him I had trouble sleeping. Some of them really are just wankers and you've got to watch out! Always get a second and even third opinion. Your opinion counts too don't forget. I pretty much diagnosed myself when I had appendicitis and thank god I did as well.

Guess what he actually said about the lump on my side? "Thats too big to be your appendix". I wish I was joking.

You wanna rant about quack doctors?
    There is one.
  • The truth isn't out there? I'm confused.
  • imposter2.0
    Bondurant wrote:
    The truth isn't out there? I'm confused.

The truth IS out there, but you can only see it with special glasses. Hope that helps... ;)
  • Manc33
    You might get some truth if you turn the TV off and look elsewhere for a more balanced account, or you might need to do that just to hear from someone that is on the other side of a story.

When was the last time the BBC put a microphone to a Palestinian on the ground where the fighting is to get their side of the story? Never, because then you'd hear what's really happening and we can't have that.

George Galloway on Sky News pretty much proved this, if you watch the clip. A flash in the pan of truth/reality for once. He made Sky look like the liars they are.

Apart from Galloway doing that I have never seen a balanced report on this issue or even one approaching balanced.
This discussion has been closed.