Garmin Edge 205 map problem

Hidden Trail
Hidden Trail Posts: 3
edited February 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Does anybody have advice regarding the Garmin Edge 205? I have attached a screen shot. The device is quite old now (10 years ish) but lately I have noticed on the map screen there is a constant black stripe leading away from the centre point where you are supposed to be. It makes it difficult to use properly. The black stripe has dashes on it like a road. Any idea what is going on? Also satellite recognition seems to be much poorer.

I am also wondering if there is a simple way to follow a recorded route that appears in the History option, without having to export to computer, reconfigure as a course (CRS), re-import and then use it to follow. Thank you.

Comments

• The black line means you have set it to 'go to' whatever is at the other end of the black line - see the manual page 49.

Turning a recorded trail into a course is on page 39.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    As said the lack line is the route you should be going, when going in the 'right' direction it will be going to the top of the screen essentially.

To get rid you need to stop navigating to whichever waypoint is selected.
  • Terrific, it's gone. Thank you. I may have to reset the whole thing though if the low satellite reading continues. Also just joined up with Garmin Connect, which was difficult. Wouldn't let me use the same log in name for both this and the general Garmin forums so I had to change it. I imported everything off the device, but it only produces proper data and maps for some of the later rides.