Garmin Vector offer at Rose

js14
js14 Posts: 198
edited May 2015 in Road general
If anyone is keen to buy a power measurement system, I noticed that German online retailer Rose Bikes has a special offer of 10% off if you buy pedals and cycling shoes together. It seems the offer also applies to the Garmin Vector (well they are pedals) and you don't even need to buy the shoes, an insole for 3 euros :wink: is enough to bag the 10% discount. That brings the Garmin Vector down to 1.042,79 € (£834.24 if you prefer) and the Vector S to 657,94 € (£493) :D (prices correct as at 27 January).

Comments

• Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    must resist....must resist..... seriously tempted at that price
  • I can't get it to give me the discount :-(
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I know this is irrational, but I am expecting them to have a few teething troubles - which means the extra 70 or so to buy from wiggle (or LBS for a little more) i think will pay dividends in the end.
    Insert bike here:
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I tested it by adding a pair of insoles into the basket and going so far with the checkout and it worked.
    I already have the Vector S and not bothered that about getting the additional right side pedal. although a very very good price just over 400. I did buy from Germany though because the Euro so much in our favour again..as to teething issues.. touch wood none so far (nearly 2 months usage) .. and I'd probably end up pestering Garmin if did.
  • js14
    Rose is a seriously big cycle retailer at the European level and I've ordered lots of stuff from them in the past and never had a problem. Their customer service is very responsive so I don't have any worries at that level.

Might crack for a Vector S at 617 Euros, Rose's current price with the 10% off...
  • jgsi
    JS14 wrote:
    Rose is a seriously big cycle retailer at the European level and I've ordered lots of stuff from them in the past and never had a problem. Their customer service is very responsive so I don't have any worries at that level.

Might crack for a Vector S at 617 Euros, Rose's current price with the 10% off...

if you do, treat yourself to a top notch pedal spanner! Internet know it all wisdom dictates you need torque wrench etc etc blah blah.. but I know how to tighten up a pedal harder than normal which a Vector requires.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the heads up JS14. I'm sorted now :-)
  • And thanks Greece :-)
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I sure I'm being stupid - do you have a link?
    Insert bike here:
  • As above - put the Vectors in your cart, then a cheap pair of insoles (I didn't even get ones that fit my shoes!) and once you've got to the very last stage of checkout it takes the discount off. Happy days.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Good spot this. Also, Cadence Sport are now doing 0% finance on all power meters.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    I could get the Vector S for £420 since I am able to claim tax off anything I buy in Germany.

I may be very tempted. Doubt I will ever find a decent power meter anywhere for that price new.
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    out of interest, which torque wrench did you go for (park t2?) and does anyone know where is best to get the crowfoot adaptor (uk). Thanks in advance, thats a very tempting offer......
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • jgsi
    DC Rainmaker shows a few suitable crowfoots in his reviews.
  • gotwood25
    gotwood25 Posts: 314
    gaz047 wrote:
    out of interest, which torque wrench did you go for (park t2?) and does anyone know where is best to get the crowfoot adaptor (uk). Thanks in advance, thats a very tempting offer......

This is what you are after, fits like a dream, 15mm you're after obviously.

http://www.toolorders.co.uk/Hand_Tools_Series_M3865_Crow_Foot_Wrenches_Metric
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Did seem to be a shortage of 15mm crowsfoot adapters about a month ago when I was looking for one, certainly the recommended teng one was out of stock eveywhere I looked. Ended up having to bodge something together in the workshop...
  • gaz047
    Thanks a lot thats great. Order now placed. Has anyone recieved theirs yet btw?
  • gaz047 wrote:
    Thanks a lot thats great. Order now placed. Has anyone recieved theirs yet btw?

Received mine yesterday. I ordered the larger pods (one of my bikes has large cranks), but it fits well on my other bike as well - a bit close to the chain maybe on the other bike, but I can buy the smaller pods if I want to use them on that bike as well. :D

Wasn't too sure about tightening them, as I had never used a torque wrench for things that tight before, and I feel I could have done it tighter and maybe usually do my pedals a bit tighter than that... :? (The Park Tools crowfoot adaptor is included in the box.)

Think I'll see if there's an update to do today, otherwise now it's a case of learning to ride with power. I have done threshold tests in a lab, so I know my FTP, but otherwise I am a total n00b. Any tips? :?: :?: I was looking at getting the book Training and Racing with a Power Meter.
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Get the book Jason, it's very useful as a starting point with power
  • gaz047
    nice one Jason. Mine arrived today, just waiting for crowfoot to arrive (you say yours came with the pedals?). Have updated the firmware in the meantime and paired it to the 800.
  • gaz047 wrote:
    nice one Jason. Mine arrived today, just waiting for crowfoot to arrive (you say yours came with the pedals?). Have updated the firmware in the meantime and paired it to the 800.

Yeah, it was in the box. They include it with all sets of pedals now. Perhaps they had mixed stock of old and new, if yours didn't come with the crowfoot adapter.

Quick update from me: I've now signed up for and started using TrainerRoad, did a new FTP test (last one was in October) and went up 17 watts (and my cycling has been very limited over winter), and bought the book I mentioned.
    I'm in Spain for a week now and am finding it very interesting seeing my watts. Will do a big mountain tomorrow, so will be interested in using it then to keep a constant pace. Doing it twice - once with the Mrs. and then again a bit quicker at my pace, so will use my FTP to measure the second effort as the climb is over 1 hr long (so will be below FTP and maybe go up to FTP later in the climb).

Loving the power meter so far though, and am glad I finally bought one - there have been a lot of times one has sat in my online shopping basket, but finally I feel like a real cyclist 8)
  • How long did it take you guys to receive yours? I ordered a week ago, and it seems like there's no definate timescale of delivery
  • forestnot1 wrote:
    How long did it take you guys to receive yours? I ordered a week ago, and it seems like there's no definate timescale of delivery

If you're talking about the crawfoot adapter mine came next working day.

Give me a shout if you don't manage to get one as I have a new one which you can have at cost.
  • Sorry, I meant the vectors themselves
  • did most of you guys go for the pair ? or just the single ?
  • jgsi
    I ordered the singlesided from Germany before Xmas.
    It is doing what I need from it pefectly adequately.
    One thing though, I have slightly amended my view on the right torque setting for the power pedal, which is quite high at 25 lb/ft.
    I conceded and got myself a Norbar wrench 15 -35 lb/ft version - expensive indeed but a quality piece of kit and has an ISO cert of accuracy.
    I just checked and was not a million miles out 'by feel'.
  • forestnot1 wrote:
    Sorry, I meant the vectors themselves
    Mine came within 3 days I think (to Sweden).

But I noticed that they were out of stock for the standard size when I ordered mine and only had 3 of the larger ones left (checking again now they are still out of stock for the standard and have 1 left of the larger ones). I hesitated buying them, but when I saw they were going quickly I put my order in. So perhaps you didn't see they were out of stock when you placed your order...

Try and contact them for some information. Hope you get them soon :)
  • js14
    jasonbrim wrote:
    (The Park Tools crowfoot adaptor is included in the box.)
    There was no crowfoot adaptor in the box with my Vector S set. Maybe you got one because you bought the full left and right Vector kit. Anyway I have emailed Garmin customer support to check if a crowfoot adaptor should have been in Vector S box.

By the way, mine turned up a week after ordering even though Rose's site was quoting a 3 week delay.
  • gaz047
    Quick update. Recieved mine approx 5 days after ordering (even though website said approx 3 weeks. Which was nice). There wasn't a crowfoot in the box (ordered the s version), so ordered one from Tool Orders. This arrived within 2 days and there was even a note saying Happy Riding if it is for Vectors (guess they've sold quite a few! Was a nice touch from them too I thought!)
    Very easy to install, So far done FTP test and one ride. Hows everyone getting on with theirs?
  • jgsi
    Had mine over 7 weeks now... and at last everything sorted and power output consistent and accurate enough for someone as weakwilled as me when it comes to the pain barrier.
    Extra expense :
    Dremel 3000 for shaving off a few mills off the crowfoot as the Teng version did NOT fit very well between pod and spindle
    A very accurate torque wrench (Norbar )

An update to my will not to just give away the contents of my toolboxes to the local rag and bone man.