I'm Back

Wynne G Oldman
Wynne G Oldman Posts: 266
edited February 2015 in Commuting general
Hi everyone, I'm back after quite a long break. I just bought the last 2014 Revolution Country Traveller in the country, for commuting on when the weather gets nice again. I'm really looking forward to getting back in the saddle again, hopefully it will help restore my ageing body back to it's Greek God like former self. :D:wink:

"on your bike" Norman Tebbit.

Comments

• qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Welcome back...

We were getting worried.
  • Qube wrote:
    Welcome back...

We were getting worried.
    Thanks for the welcome Qube. It's been such a long time since I was last on here, I'd be surprised if anyone actually remembered me. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting back in the saddle again. I just have to wait until my Cyclescheme application is processed, and I'm good to go. Can't wait. :D

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    when the weather gets nice again.
    Why wait?

P.S. Welcome back
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    when the weather gets nice again.
    Why wait?

P.S. Welcome back
    Thanks for the welcome. When I mean "when the weather gets nice again" I mean not raining or icy. My commute is a 25 mile round trip, so I'll be taking it easy and breaking myself in gently.

• The Rookie
    OK fair play!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Well, I did my first run to work and back today, after doing no exercise at all for around 7 years. My commute's around 12.5 miles. On the way in, it was no problem at all, and I felt good after it. Coming back nearly killed me. My work place is around 500 feet lower than my home. I have a couple of big hills to negotiate along the way. It took me about an hour to get there but 1 hour and 25 minutes to get back. Still, early days, and I know that I'll improve with practise. I must say that the bike is just fantastic. Solidly built, comfortable, quick (with someone else on it :D ) and rides really well. I love it. I can see that I'm going to get along with it really well.

• The Rookie
    Hmm, your average speed needs some work there, 8mph average - are you Dutch?
  • 9.1 actually, according to Strava. :wink: I'm out of shape, that's why I bought the bike, to get fit again. Early days. I'll keep banging away at it though, and my performance will improve. I'm actually quite jealous of the Dutch. No hills. :D

https://www.strava.com/activities/249085131