What do you do with your iPhone?

Comments

• This post was for the OP to find out what other riders use for covering their phones whilst riding, not about why they take it, not what phone he hasn't, why is that of any relevance to anybody apart from the op, I also have an iPhone 6 and just started riding again, I was looking for a solution, seems there are people on here would rather try starting a debate about it taking 'expensive' phones on a ride, rather than actually being helpful, why post anything anyway if you have nothing helpful to say, thanks to those that were helpful with their replies, a sandwich bag it is, if it's starts pouring down, I will put it in two!!
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    There is a general point about clothing designers needing to think a bit more about trends in phones. Where I have a zip-up pocket, I'd prefer to be able to get my phone into it. But, as phones get larger, the pockets become less adequate. And the days of being able to swap your sim between phones seems to be behind us too - as the phones get larger, the sims get smaller so you can no longer use your old phone for crappier tasks.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Mini sim card converters are available. You can also get 3.2 inch android phones.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    KevChallis wrote:
    This post was for the OP to find out what other riders use for covering their phones whilst riding, not about why they take it, not what phone he hasn't, why is that of any relevance to anybody apart from the op, I also have an iPhone 6 and just started riding again, I was looking for a solution, seems there are people on here would rather try starting a debate about it taking 'expensive' phones on a ride, rather than actually being helpful, why post anything anyway if you have nothing helpful to say, thanks to those that were helpful with their replies, a sandwich bag it is, if it's starts pouring down, I will put it in two!!

Chill out dude - its an internet forum. A bit like having a chat with a group of people down the pub - there is no law that they can only answer the question you specifically asked and are not allowed to express opinion on the question or digress at all. Many, many posts go off topic - can be frustrating at times but that is human nature, if you dont like it, you came to the wrong place...
  • trailflow
    If you use a sandwich bag then your sandwiches will get wet. :) nothing worse than a soggy sandwich. :o
  • meanredspider
    trailflow wrote:
    Mini sim card converters are available. You can also get 3.2 inch android phones.

And micro sim and nano sim? Mini was easy because they were effectively the same gubbins in a smaller piece of plastic. You can't any longer cut down a mini to make a micro or a micro to make a nano (at least, not as far as I'm aware)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • trailflow
    Why would you need to do that ? you want to make them bigger to fit the old phone ?

nanosim_microsim_normal_sim_adapter.jpg
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    There is a general point about clothing designers needing to think a bit more about trends in phones. Where I have a zip-up pocket, I'd prefer to be able to get my phone into it. But, as phones get larger, the pockets become less adequate. And the days of being able to swap your sim between phones seems to be behind us too - as the phones get larger, the sims get smaller so you can no longer use your old phone for crappier tasks.

The present welcomes users of iPhones. Those of us who have been using more advanced devices have been thinking this way for years!
  • apreading wrote:
    KevChallis wrote:
    This post was for the OP to find out what other riders use for covering their phones whilst riding, not about why they take it, not what phone he hasn't, why is that of any relevance to anybody apart from the op, I also have an iPhone 6 and just started riding again, I was looking for a solution, seems there are people on here would rather try starting a debate about it taking 'expensive' phones on a ride, rather than actually being helpful, why post anything anyway if you have nothing helpful to say, thanks to those that were helpful with their replies, a sandwich bag it is, if it's starts pouring down, I will put it in two!!

Chill out dude - its an internet forum. A bit like having a chat with a group of people down the pub - there is no law that they can only answer the question you specifically asked and are not allowed to express opinion on the question or digress at all. Many, many posts go off topic - can be frustrating at times but that is human nature, if you dont like it, you came to the wrong place...

Lol, point taken, possibly should just read instead of reply before I have properly woken up in a morning ;)
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    trailflow wrote:
    Why would you need to do that ? you want to make them bigger to fit the old phone ?

nanosim_microsim_normal_sim_adapter.jpg

Are you seriously saying you would: turn off your iPhone, get the little pin thing to eject the sim holder, take the nano sim out of the iPhone/sim holder, put in in an adapter, put the adapter in an old phone, turn on the phone, go cycling, get home, turn off the phone, take the adapter out of the old phone, take the nano sim out of the adapter, put it in the sim holder/iphone, and turn the iPhone on?

And you would do this every time you went cycling, and not need any features of the iPhone whilst you were out?

I think I would rather take up golf than do that :lol:
  • I use a cheap phone, the type that just makes calls, not toast. A PAYG sim and stick it in with the tools after all that's what it is. If it should get broken, its not the end of the world.
  • The OP merely wanted device on what to carry his new phone in!!CLEARLY he has not used the forum before!! :D:D:D
    Being truthful…the fact that 4 pages in phones are still part of the topic is a miracle!!
    The diversity of ANY forum is what makes them unique…to the OP just pull out the stuff that makes sense…laugh at the rest. Life is stressful enough to worry why a thread went the wrong way!!
    I personally, FWIW used to have a Rapha essentials case (purse) and got to the pint where I couldn't get stuff in it , great bit of kit (except the pink lining!!) but in all seriousness I think clothing m/fturers DO need to look at maybe a zip on one of the bigger pockets, because like it or not people do like to stay connected..its 2015 not 1965 :D:D
    Its all well and good Rapha etc making "cool" looking tops, but when the zip pocket is big enough for a key and a few quid…not much use in a practical world. I condone fully the shopping basket and little bell on the front…always handy to reach in etc!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    What has the cost of your bike got to do with how much the phone costs that you choose to take with you?
    you can't cycle without a bike, but you can cycle without a phone. it's just another thing you don't need which will cost you money if it happens to get damaged.

cause its handy to be able to call people for help if you breakdown or need rescuing :roll: maybe not an issue in urban areas, but some of the countryside routes I do, Id be completely stuffed without my own phone if I needed to call someone urgently...lack of signal notwithstanding...and its handy also to check the map if you are venturing on roads you dont use regularly.

I just put mine in my rear jersey pockets, it doesnt get too icky
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Can't beleive it Has got to four pages in and no-one has stated the obvious location... :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • meanredspider
    team47b wrote:
    Can't beleive it Has got to four pages in and no-one has stated the obvious location... :D

Down the front of your shorts.....? :?: :wink:
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Privacy only matters if you are interesting to someone else.

Thats only an opinion though, someone else might not have the same opinion about it, if you can accommodate for that?

People say stuff like "Why would you care if you've got nothing to hide?" when it isn't even about that. Why are people perfectly willing to throw every personal detail about their life online? Why do people think that is normal?

I don't even know how they have manipulated society to get everyone handing over their privacy like that, but its something to observe I suppose. If you don't value your own privacy, that's your lookout, but you can't complain to me just because I choose to value it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbrvnt1abYw
  • meanredspider
    I'm not complaining to you. I'm not the one with tape over my camera and some sort of so-called privacy software. And of course it's an opinion!

I live in a village in the Highlands. People know each other - they know who my kids are, they know where I live, where I work and when it's my birthday. Am I worried about that? Nope. I'm not sure what the concern is. Nobody is interested in putting naked pictures of me on the Web - I'm entirely unremarkable. I take precautions about my bank details and those sorts of things in the same way as I don't leave my wallet lying about in public but that's about the extent of it. I know you are a conspiracy theorist and believe They are out to get Us. I have a more relaxed view and worry about things that I think are more important like kids with cancer.
  • team47b
    team47b wrote:

Close. :wink:

under your helmet, safest place as we all know, alright you may also invent the first Apple implant, win win I say :D
  • meanredspider
    team47b wrote:
    team47b wrote:

under your helmet, safest place as we all know, alright you may also invent the first Apple implant, win win I say :D

You could build it into a foil hat - win-win-win, I say :wink:
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    I have two phones, a Galaxy 5 and my employers provided a Nokia Lumia. The Nokia comes with me in a ziplock bag which I put with a debit card and 20 quid in an SIS marathom belt, I use Glympse which gave my wife directions to me when I had a mechanical and needed picking up. I've also had to use it to call for dry clothes at the cafe stop where I meet my family, directions when I got lost and ambulance/police when a rider I was with got knocked off. Really I wouldn't be without it.
  • team47b
    team47b wrote:
    team47b wrote:

You could build it into a foil hat - win-win-win, I say :wink:

That will stop THEM from finding/probing you :D
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    team47b wrote:
    team47b wrote:

With the bendy 6 plus that would probably work!
  • Manc33
    edited February 2015
    I have a more relaxed view and worry about things that I think are more important like kids with cancer.

Do you think its normal that cancer is treated with radiation that kills people?

The "treatment" has an astonishing failure rate - more than 90%.

Check out "Run from the Cure". If you want to debate about it though take it up with Rick Simpson, not me, I just saw his documentary and I'm telling you about it.

An organization taking in billions of pounds to find a cure for something isn't going to be too interested in actually finding a cure, by the way. If you don't believe that, you're naive. Nothing doesn't work that way at that level.

Chemo killed my own father back in 2012. I did tell him about hemp oil but of course he just had the same reaction most people have. "They wouldn't do that". No, you wouldn't, they revel in it. When I say "they" I don't mean the doctors on the ground administering the filth. They don't know they aren't trying to cure it and don't need to know that.

Oh yeah the topic, what do I do with my iPhone errrr, I watch Run from the Cure on it.

Come on guys its Sunday, its freezing out, please just watch it. :roll: I feel sorry for people propping up the cancer industry. If they haven't found a cure yet what makes anyone think they will?

Cancer is a fungus, they do know how to cure it by now. Other people have found how to cure it independently of the cancer industry. You work it out.
  • Manc33 wrote:
    I have a more relaxed view and worry about things that I think are more important like kids with cancer.

Do you think its normal that cancer is treated with radiation that kills people?

The "treatment" has an astonishing failure rate - more than 90%.

Check out "Run from the Cure". If you want to debate about it though take it up with Rick Simpson, not me, I just saw his documentary and I'm telling you about it.

An organization taking in billions of pounds to find a cure for something isn't going to be too interested in actually finding a cure, by the way. If you don't believe that, you're naive. Nothing doesn't work that way at that level.

Chemo killed my own father back in 2012. I did tell him about hemp oil but of course he just had the same reaction most people have. "They wouldn't do that". No, you wouldn't, they revel in it.

Oh yeah the topic, what do I do with my iPhone errrr, I watch Run from the Cure on it.

Of course I think it's normal. All treatments have to be cleared by the regulatory agencies. Why would I take it up with Rick Simpson? I'm not interested in him or his stupid ideas.

I'm glad I don't live in your world where everyone is out to screw over their fellow human beings for a fast buck or political gain. The paranoia is palpable.

BTW - radiation saved my son's life.
  • Manc33
    You should probably watch it before assuming anything more about it because you're already wrong.

Rick Simpson's stupid ideas?

You mean like all the witness testimonies of the people he has cured whom are all there in his documentary?

The same people a judge did not allow to testify in court?

The same judge that was hanging his head in court because deaths would occur from his ruling?

I've looked into this stuff, you haven't. You called his "ideas" "stupid" when they not just ideas and it isn't stupid. You're just dismissing it all out of hand without really knowing what its about, shocking.
  • Manc33 wrote:
    You should probably watch it before assuming anything more about it because you're already wrong.

Rick Simpson's stupid ideas?

You mean like all the witness testimonies of the people he has cured whom are all there in his documentary?

The same people a judge did not allow to testify in court?

The same judge that was hanging his head in court because deaths would occur from his ruling?

I've looked into this stuff, you haven't.

I used to work for the world's biggest broad based health company in quality and regulatory. I think I know quite a bit about it. I haven't just looked into this stuff - I've worked for 10 years in it. My mate is a cancer surgeon. Not to mention my son's Ewing's sarcoma. What qualifies you?
  • Manc33
    I used to work for the world's biggest broad based health company in quality and regulatory.

Doctors themselves routinely administer chemotherapy to cancer patients, thinking it is all we have got. They are adamant that it is all we have got, because they too wouldn't believe some guy could find a cure before the cancer industry would.

It doesn't matter that you work in the field, you're still not going to know about any alternative cures, they are stamped out.
    I think I know quite a bit about it. I haven't just looked into this stuff - I've worked for 10 years in it. My mate is a cancer surgeon. What qualifies you?

Has he seen Run from the Cure?

If I was a cancer surgeon I would be using hemp oil under the radar.

Qualifications and experience in the field don't equate to you knowing about a possible cure, why would it?

Every question you'd have is answered in the documentary anyway, all the usual questions like "Why would they do that" and so on, is all explained.

Not trusting people isn't paranoia when you have plenty of evidence to show why they are not to be trusted. Thats like asking Fred West to babysit because he "turned over a new leaf". Guess what his neighbour said? They said they had no idea he was like that. So its possible then, for people to behave one way openly and be totally different in reality, why is it going to be any different with the "top" companies? When I say top I mean ruthless. They obviously are the most ruthless ones because they are there doing it.

I don't doubt that in the beginning the cancer industry wanted to cure cancer.
  • My mate is a doctor and a scientist. He believes in treatments that are clinically proven.

Why do you think that people like him don't try these things "under the radar" - do you think he's an evil guy in cahoots with the pharma industry whilst he watches patients (some of whom are close friends) die? This is where your paranoid arguments fall flat on their face. Far more expert and committed people than you (thousands of them) look at these things and make judgements using good science not YouTube videos.
  • Manc33
    My mate is a doctor and a scientist. He believes in treatments that are clinically proven.

Chemotherapy is used in practice, but kills most people that have it. That is not believing in things clinically proven, it is putting 100% faith in thinking that is the best shot anyone has. They could only think that if they never bothered to think could there be another way, has anyone found anything at all we can try.
    Why do you think that people like him don't try these things "under the radar" - do you think he's an evil guy in cahoots with the pharma industry whilst he watches patients (some of whom are close friends) die?

Certainly not, he wouldn't even be able to do that job without the intelligence and enthusiasm he must have, which to do that job is more than most, all he has to do is not check into other cures - which isn't done deliberately, he just won't have the time, or won't sacrifice his golf or squash to look into it.

We are all convinced not to even go looking for a cure and we instead give cancer a lot of credit - as if it is some infallible thing that needs billions of pounds of funding just to come up with a treatment that kills most people.

It seems the best thing to do would be to stop funding this nonsense.
    This is where your paranoid arguments fall flat on their face. Far more expert and committed people than you (thousands of them) look at these things and make judgements using good science not YouTube videos.

Those people just get fired for looking into alternative cures. Same with doctors. They will have all sorts of limitations put on them to ensure researching it is "illegal".

If you watch the documentary you'll hear what happened when Rick Simpson told his doctor about the oil and how it had completely cleared up his skin cancer. The receptionist was nearly sweating - so there it is. No way in hell would you or anyone "on the ground" in the field know about something like that.

All they want you to take is pills to treat symptoms. Look how many pills kids in the US are on now and you can see yeah, its clear now, they don't care, they are just making money any way they can, if that means suppressing the cure for cancer, no problem, if that means having kids on dangerous psychotropic prescription drugs, sure. As a side issue every single school shooting bar none in the US was done by kids on SSRI's. The info is out there if you care enough. Check out "SSRI stories".

When the same people that own big pharma own the media its easy to see why the media never touches any of it. Why would they, they stand to lose billions, both from curing cancer and quitting giving kids these dangerous pills. I am sure perfectly normal people have gone into psychiatrists and come out diagnosed as a complete nutcase. Its in the doctors best interests to find something wrong with you, yes all without the doctor having to be evil.

When doctors attend those conferences with the posh stands there and all the new drugs, they just get told this is the next thing... they don't ask if it is meant to be getting doled out to people, they are told thats all been sorted... I bet it has. Look what Gwen Olsen says - they even develop two pills side by side where one alleviates the side effects of the other, then stagger the release of the pills, so when the first one causes the side effect they can swoop in and sell a second pill, lying about when it was developed.

It doesn't matter much if you don't believe it or I'm not "qualified". There are endless other people looking into it by now. People stopped taking the news seriously 5 years ago. We can bypass all the lies now we have the internet.
  • Sorry but what you have written is utter utter crap and an insult to the people that care for cancer patients and those that are diligently looking for cures. You also entirely ignore the inconvenient truth that less and less people are dying from this dreadful disease (now less than half) despite the best efforts of big pharma and squash-playing oncologists to ensure that most of them die. You somehow think that your idle web surfing has uncovered a massive conspiracy that no-one else has noticed. FFS do something more useful, I'm wasting no more of my time on this bollox.
This discussion has been closed.