Today, it may be slightly windy

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited January 2015 in The bottom bracket
Anyone riding today? Day off, so turbo/weights session then a pizza for lunch methinks.
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Nope, last night out plus crap weather plus a dose of CBA means I'm on the train again. Cycling will resume next week...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Nope, last night out plus crap weather plus a dose of CBA means I'm on the train again. Cycling will resume next week...

On the train already :shock:

Anyone would think you're a workaholic :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

No. I just work. Someone has to keep the average up around here :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

No. I just work. Someone has to keep the average up around here :wink:

And if you used your intelligence in a worthwhile career, medicine for one, you would be perusing the young nursing staff instead so quit moaning devils spawn as its karma biting back :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    did i stray into the I'm a half hearted commuter section by accident. Emailing from home to miss the traffic (probably means I get stuck behind a tractor instead) then a day of malpractice hearings and listening to bad excuses and terrible pleas

mmm lunch what shall I get
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • slowmart
    sa0u823e wrote:
    then a day of malpractice hearings and listening to bad excuses and terrible pleas

I'd stay at home as it sounds like they all are all guilty as sin and should be legally reamed at the earliest opportunity by something inappropriately large and painful :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    In early doors to complete a project I'm working on and also had a professional take my photo. Cue laughs from the team 'he's a photographer, not a magician'. Wahey!

Heading home home tonight so will take the bike and hopefully cover many new forest miles.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    that was hard work ... 10 miles into a headwind ... very little respite ... and to cap it all, the first 6 miles are generally uphill, a quick blast down and then the grind started again ...
    I wasn't going for speed as I rode my CX in full commuting mode ... but the winter roadbike would've been a tad easier.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Wobbled in this morning, rather slowly for most of it. Lots of deer on the path through the park. They stink. Stopped at the post office to pick up a registered letter, wish I hadn't bothered. It's the party wall agreement from the guy that bought the place next door. He said we'd need to sign one as he was taking out a chimney breast. The fat slug forgot to mention that he's also taking off the back wall and part of the side wall. That's a bit more than taking out a chimney breast! Anyone know a good structural engineer around Kingston?
    Not happy now, hopefully a fry up will cheer me up later.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Wobbled in this morning, rather slowly for most of it. Lots of deer on the path through the park. They stink. Stopped at the post office to pick up a registered letter, wish I hadn't bothered. It's the party wall agreement from the guy that bought the place next door. He said we'd need to sign one as he was taking out a chimney breast. The fat slug forgot to mention that he's also taking off the back wall and part of the side wall. That's a bit more than taking out a chimney breast! Anyone know a good structural engineer around Kingston?

I don't know any structural engineers but I do know lots of people who could blow up his house if you want. Not sure how it would affect any party wall agreement though.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Wasn't too windy in the Midlands, so there is finally a reason to live here!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Slowmart wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    then a day of malpractice hearings and listening to bad excuses and terrible pleas

I'd stay at home as it sounds like they all are all guilty as sin and should be legally reamed at the earliest opportunity by something inappropriately large and painful :wink:

Wish I had stayed at home. Finished at 8pm went on a date without eating, drank gin god knows what damage has been caused. On the other hand I was dapper, best dressed in the bar
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Wish I had stayed at home. Finished at 8pm went on a date without eating, drank gin god knows what damage has been caused. On the other hand I was dapper, best dressed in the bar

Did you snog him/her? Any pic cries of her norks available? No requirement for moob piccies though..."...

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Until you were sick on yourself!
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    How difficult is that on Merseyside? :wink:
  • slowmart
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    How difficult is that on Merseyside? :wink:

Sounds like he kept looking at himself in a mirror rather than his date………

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

I don't know any structural engineers but I do know lots of people who could blow up his house if you want. Not sure how it would affect any party wall agreement though.
    Can they blow up half of a semi without making any mess in the other half?
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Can they blow up half of a semi without making any mess in the other half?

Yup. No dramas, as they say in the trade. Alternatively, we could always drive a tank through his side. Probably make the local news as well, so we could all hang out in the background with placards proclaiming Piña as the next great overlord of the world.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    The tank would be good. You might have to go through a couple of houses at the back. There's not much room to manoeuvre round here.
    It's a bit stinky mind, he's taken out the old outside khazi and left the soil pipe open.
  • Matthewfalle
    No problem at all. If anyone moans we will just call it The Gaza Look and say that it was a Changing Rooms idea and that it'll all be on telly as a Christmas Special.

Then we'll all run off in separate directions and they'll never catch us. The bloke in the tank can just drive off really slowly and hope that he blends into the background, all inconspicuous, like.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Yay! Pina, the first slap head overlord since Blofeld. I'm up for that, where do i sign, has anyone got a spare white cat or a bucket of paint?

Windy cold, brrrr. That damn Castelli Alpha jacket is down to £187, according to the pop-up. Pity sponds are going on the clandestine meeting, where we will work on world domination.
    Managed to scratch my nose on the Hawthorn I was cutting this week, that's ok but it's hard to blow my right nostril without pain and knocking the scab off so the result is an obstinate crusty plug that's formed. If you hear the sound of breaking glass, it's 'cos i've sneezed.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!