Wilier triestina izoard

g0ggs12345
g0ggs12345 Posts: 2
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi I have been offered a wilier triestina izoard bike for £400, not sure what year it is. It has the centaur 10 speed groupset.

Is this a decent price for it, not many marks on the bike just a few scrapes. Looking for quick response :) thanks

it looks like this one http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... -10-37739/

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Where was it stolen from?
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    It sounds a good deal. I bought one from the classifieds on here about three years ago and boy was I smitten with it. Mine have Veloce groupset which was one tier lower than Centaur and I rode it hard before upgrading to a mix of Athena and Chorus. At the time it was way more bike than I needed but I reckon I may move it on this year for something a little better or more likely a new frame.

I find mine very comfortable over long distances. I have ridden 5.6.7 hours with no issues. Its certainly smoother than my Chinese frame winter bike but it s also not as stiff. I upgraded the wheels from Fulcrum 5 to some lighter and wider clinchers and it really helped the bike.

Great bikes. I worshipped mine and will probably have a tear when it gets replaced. £400 sound like a bargain provided group isnt worn out and it all works
  • animal72
    animal72 Posts: 251
    That's exactly what I've got.

As above, comfy over distance and light enough. I've changed saddle and bars to suit me, but stock equipment is more than good enough other than the R5s which are worth replacing.
    Condor Super Acciaio, Record, Deda, Pacentis.
    Curtis 853 Handbuilt MTB, XTR, DT Swiss and lots of Hope.
    Genesis Datum Gravel Bike, Pacentis (again).
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc, 105 & H-Plus-Son.

Mostly Steel.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    I had one and was fantastic bike. £400 sounds very cheap?
  • woolwich
    woolwich Posts: 298
    I sold Calpol his a few years ago. Fabulous bike which I rated highly and did many 100 mile plus day on. I only sold as I build my own frames and wanted to concentrate on riding them. Otherwise it would have been kept.

£400 does sound cheap, so as mentioned buyer beware it could be stolen. However if is an early one, say 2008 or so and it has been well used, you may just be getting a deal.
    A word of warning, if you are not savvy with bikes, read a decent article on what to look for when you purchase a used bike. The cost of simple consumables such as chains, cassettes,bearings, tyre etc can soon mount up. What can appear a deal may soon need a few hundred pound extra spent on it.
    Good luck.
    Mud to Mudguards. The Art of framebuilding.
    http://locksidebikes.co.uk/