Cat ears , anyone tried them ?

bjl
bjl Posts: 353
edited January 2015 in Road general
Keep seeing pop up ads for Cat Ears , supposed to make hearing things around you easier by sort of deflecting wind round some little attachments that fit on helmet strap. Just wandering if anyone has tried them as I tend to notice quite a bit of wind noise and am more than a little deaf .

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    easy enough to make something similar, I use a made up one sometimes when going for a winter social ride (in the dark as it looks KaK), lot depends on the material you use and how/where you position it. But certainly makes enough of a difference to use it
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Have you tried wearing a thin buff over your ears ?
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    cougie wrote:
    Have you tried wearing a thin buff over your ears ?
    I've tried them all, buff or fleece hat in winter makes little difference compared to cats ears type solution
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Interesting - thanks !
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    I'd buy a pair if they did orange, I could then pretend to be Wiggo, otherwise they look really very silly!
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I've got these -

goerz-480x333.jpg

My average speed this year is right down but I can hear a gnat fart from 100m away.
  • I got them, they make a big difference, but only if your helmet straps are reasonably tight, otherwise you get a little bit of bleed on the inside edge...not for wet weather though :)