Cube comparisons

legacydan
legacydan Posts: 62
edited February 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi im looking to get a new bike this month, Looking to get something with the bike to work and and maybe put some cash to get a better spec one myself im looking at the following two options:

http://www.cube.eu/en/bikes/road-race/agree/cube-agree-gtc-race-carbonnwhitenred-2015/

http://www.cube.eu/en/bikes/road-race/agree/cube-agree-gtc-pro-whitenblacknred-2015/

€1615 vs €1235 with local bike shop discounts. Bike will be mainly used for commuting to work and some fitness cycling Main differences i can see is the 105 groupset vs Ultegra groupset. Both are carbon framed. Would the race be worth the extra €400~

I prefer the colour scheme and spec on the race model but im trying to be as reasonable as i can with the bike purchase. It will be replacing an old Cube peloton which i bough used last year and its too small for me at 60cm as i probably need a 64cm frame.

Any advice on the above would be appreciated :)

Cheers

Dan

Comments

• gaanrowl
    gaanrowl Posts: 326
    yep it looks like its just the ultegra thats the difference probably the wheels are better on the race too.
    if it was me id go with the 105 and keep the extra buy some better tires and if your bothered a nice set of handbuilt summer wheels.
  • gaanrowl wrote:
    yep it looks like its just the ultegra thats the difference probably the wheels are better on the race too.
    if it was me id go with the 105 and keep the extra buy some better tires and if your bothered a nice set of handbuilt summer wheels.

Yeah it would be nice to have the "Ultegra" drivetrain but im not sure i would notice the difference with it on the bike, not for my usage anyway! really hard to find stock of either locally in my size so i may just have to take whatever one is available!
  • gaanrowl
    gaanrowl Posts: 326
    if your wanting to try before you buy just try any agree model thats in your size and then order either online or get your local dealer to order it in they should be able to get your size.

dont forget that cube size differently to other models cubes 58 is the same as most other make 56
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    You will love it in either guise, absolutely cracking bikes and great vfm too.
  • turns out im a 64cm, i bit the bullet and ordered the agree GTC race model, ill be picking it up tomorrow :)