Carole King

johnboy183
johnboy183 Posts: 832
edited January 2015 in The cake stop
Morning all

Just caught the end of BBC Breakfast and the feature on the upcoming west end musical based on Carole King's life. A clip was shown from Later with Jools Holland entitled 'You've Got A Friend - The Carole King Story''. Sadly I can't find a link to it anywhere, it's not on iplayer currently. Anyone know where I can view it? Had a quick google search but not turned anything up.

Comments

• I googled "Carole King musical" and first result was this: -

http://www.lovetheatre.com/tickets/3990 ... ng-Musical
  • Not going London thanks. Hopefully come closer to me. Still like to see the tv program though
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    johnboy183 wrote:
    Not going London thanks. Hopefully come closer to me.
    Is it because you're so far away? :)
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,716
    johnboy183 wrote:
    You are confusing Carole King with Dire Straits. :wink:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bianchimoon
    PBlakeney wrote:
    johnboy183 wrote:
    You are confusing Carole King with Dire Straits. :wink:
    Bleedin JawDee's, can't they think of their own song titles! :)
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • So so far away. travellin' around sure gets me down and lonely

http://youtu.be/urt2cy7AqFs
  • Old_Timer
    Old_Timer Posts: 262
    edited January 2015
    Wrong song, apologies to all.

Carole King is hands down the favourite of the wife and myself. Prolific song writer and singer in one package. She and Gerry Goffin wrote so many hits that are good listening.
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • She is pretty good
  • bianchimoon
    Old_Timer wrote:
    Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.....

Carole King is hands down the favourite of the wife and myself. Prolific song writer and singer in one package. She and Gerry Goffin wrote so many hits that are good listening.

aren't you thinking of the Carpenters Old_Timer?
    You'll be calling occupants of interplanetary craft next :wink:
  • Old_Timer
    Yep, I realized this when I was driving to the airport this morning :oops: . Wrong tune for CK and GG, can't remember who wrote Rainy Days, probably Richard Carpenter. :?

I can't figure out your reference to interplanetary spacecraft though,:wink: which is typical for my addled brain these days. Unless its some song I hadn't heard of, apologies for my screw up :roll: . Cheers.
  • bianchimoon
    Old_Timer wrote:
    Yep, I realized this when I was driving to the airport this morning :oops: . Wrong tune for CK and GG, can't remember who wrote Rainy Days, probably Richard Carpenter. :?

I can't figure out your reference to interplanetary spacecraft though,:wink: which is typical for my addled brain these days. Unless its some song I hadn't heard of, apologies for my screw up :roll: . Cheers.

Ha Ha, calling occupants of interplanetary craft is/was a bizarre/wacky song about aliens observing our earth by the carpenters, a bit of a departure from their normal stuff
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teBV0EoJJY8
  • Old_Timer
    Boy you are stirring up some old, long dormant brain cells with that choice of songs :? . I haven't heard that Carpenter's song in years, probably decades. Now I'll be humming the tune for a few days, you are a cruel person :roll: .
  • Lots of good tunes from The Carpenters. Always liked Jambalay with its crawfish pie!