Races to watch for a bit of motivation/Turbo sessions

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,572
edited February 2015 in Pro race
So I am doing quite a bit of training recently and a fair amount on the Turbo it has to be said.

I do not have, and won't be getting Sky, but may subscribe to Eurosport player.

The other day I realised that the Tour Down under was being uploaded onto Youtube, small clips, but regularly the full 1hr, 1hr 20, or even 4 hour broadcasts (Cyclehub or something was the poster) were appearing only a day or two after broadcast.
I am currently up to the end of stage 4.

At the weekend I went out for a 35 mile ride, but sat down to watch stage 2 whilst eating my porridge.
I love watching cycle racing, but find that it also motivates me for when I do go out on the bike, or passes the time nicely whilst I am on the turbo.

So I know we get the Giro, TDF and TOB on terrestrial, but what other gems am I missing out there, that I might be able to locate on t'internet, Youtube or other for example?

I noticed the San Luis race that Cavendish has just been in, so that's another, or am I best to consult the Eurosport list that argyllflyer posted in another thread, or is there more besides that to look out for?
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• The tdf videos from 1995 to 2005 are extremely motivating for me. If you're a hater it may not be so good for you.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    Get the Sufferfest videos, then you can get the motivation of watching Pro Races but also get a session that'll make the most of your boredom
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Most of Eurosport's output ends up on youtube. If you're after a short clip for a bit of fast work, the last 15 mins of Paris-Tours was a good chase!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMUoPy-IEcc

A longer broadcast is available in other languages.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    The Duitama worldchampionships
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=76HUKOGuMrY
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    I'd second the Sufferfest videos suggestion - I used these quite a bit, only had Hunted and Angels but I found that they were a good way of getting a mixed up session sorted for you.
    There are probably a dozen or so now with various ones concentrating on longer or shorter internals as you want.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    You can subscribe on a generic phone/tablet now and try them all out

(I really don't work for them I promise)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Sufferfest is thirded by me
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,905
    I'm not sure if it's allowed, but CyclingTorrents have a load of great videos of races to download. A particular favourite is the 2010 Giro. Lots of great racing to consume in that one. The 2003 Tour was another good race.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,530
    phreak wrote:
    I'm not sure if it's allowed, but CyclingTorrents.

Let me put it this way.

I can't say much, but I won't be taking it down :).
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,572
    Thanks for all those replies chaps, very helpful - had heard of the .nl site, but yet to use it.

I did some more digging, and came up with this Wiki list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men's_road_bicycle_races

I appreciate people on this particular forum will probably know most or all of these, but to me it is a revelation.

And in there, there are loads of races I have never ever heard of, so popped them into Excel, and have then had a look on Youtube and a large amount of them are on there, more than I would have thought in 40min-1hr+ formats, which is bloomin brilliant!

As I have never heard of most of these races, I have less than no idea who has won, so it will be like watching a brand new race each time :D

I've only bookmarked 3 'channels' so far, but CyclingHD, Cycling Hub 15 and Cycle Videos all seem to have a decent selection.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18