Hungover Hump Day

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited January 2015 in The bottom bracket
Clue's in the title.

Comments

• Overslept this morning, cheap'o iphone cable is not compatible with this device = flat battery overnight= no alarm clock...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Pre-hangover day for me. I know that if I have 3 pints I feel fine in the morning, 4 and I feel a bit shabby and 5 is definitely too many and I regret the last one. But the 5th pint tastes so good.
    Not much going on around here otherwise. Got some stuff to do but seem to be lacking in motivation. Just went up to accounts to talk to people of the fairer persuasion, now stuck back down here, more tea might help.
  • Anonymous
    Think I had 6, and no supper (I think...may have raided the fridge when I got home, can't remember)
  • veronese68
    Yep, that's gonna hurt. If it helps you feel better it seems to get worse with age. Now that I'm nearer to 50 than 40 I really do feel it. But I doubt I'll ever learn.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    I'm nearer to 50 than 40 :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Anonymous
    I was lucky to be in bed reasonably early. Actually feeling ok now, just wondering what to do for lunch.
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    I'm nearer to 50 than 40 :D
    But I'm nearer to 40 than 60. :P
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    I was Working in kilograms :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    What's a hangover?
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    matthew h wrote:
    What's a hangover?

Something those who quit get.

Christ I didn't think the jetlag would hit me. Looks like trying to do a few days across the pond then back into work is harder than it seems. Found coming in from Aus then straight to work easier
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Drink hangover or football hangover? :wink:

First day back after the mini holiday and better than expected. Although I expected it to be really bad. Just got to finish off my tax return tonight, could do with a refund after the drink prices in that ski resort.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

First day back after the mini holiday and better than expected. Although I expected it to be really bad. Just got to finish off my tax return tonight, could do with a refund after the drink prices in that ski resort.

Lets not discuss football or tax returns - neither has gone well this week :cry:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    matthew h wrote:
    What's a hangover?

Some sort of illness you get when you stop drinking.

Blizzards, 'kin 'ell.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Lets not discuss football or tax returns - neither has gone well this week :cry:
    Just done mine and I get a refund - so it's gone well for me on both fronts :mrgreen:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Just done mine and I get a refund - so it's gone well for me on both fronts :mrgreen:

Couldn't be happier for you :( mine went so badly I've considered cancelling the order for the carbon stem to upset piña - but where's the fun in that?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    matthew h wrote:
    What's a hangover?

No no no, that's "reality". Frightening stuff.

Hangovers are simply nature's alibi for what you did the night before.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Sounds like you need some good tax advice. One perk of being me is that tax advice is free :P
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:
    What's a hangover?

Why would you do that?
  • veronese68
    Oops, I think I may regret that 5th pint before long. Tasted good though.
  • pinno
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Couldn't be happier for you :( mine went so badly I've considered cancelling the order for the carbon stem to upset piña - but where's the fun in that?

What?!?!? You mean you're not going to get a lovely fluted Campagnolo seatpin that you can polish to a sparkly dream like state for the Colnago? Oh, the pain, the pain.
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:

It's all downhill from here :wink:
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

What?!?!? You mean you're not going to get a lovely fluted Campagnolo seatpin that you can polish to a sparkly dream like state for the Colnago? Oh, the pain, the pain.

3t stealth carbon :)
  • pinno
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You b4stard.
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You b4stard.

Will send you a pic
  • pinno
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You b4stard.

Will send you a pic

You're originally from Stoke aren't you?
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You b4stard.

Will send you a pic

How rude, bridgenorth (might be a lie)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Been supping Drambuie all night, may not fire on all cylinders in the morning.
  • pinno
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

F

You b4stard.

Will send you a pic

Quite a few pubs in Bridgnorth. You have probably bumped into my old man unwittingly on more than one occasion.

If you can arrange a 'little accident' on the Severn Valley Railway, you can have a holiday in the Maldives (you can even take the wife, if you want).
    He;s an accountant, explains everything.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

F

You b4stard.

Will send you a pic

Quite a few pubs in Bridgnorth. You have probably bumped into my old man unwittingly on more than one occasion.

If you can arrange a 'little accident' on the Severn Valley Railway, you can have a holiday in the Maldives (you can even take the wife, if you want).

Why would he take Mrs P?
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

F

You b4stard.

Will send you a pic

Why would he take Mrs P?

Mrs P is allright (even though I haven't got married yet), after all, she puts up with me. I want to arrange a little promenade along the railway tracks with matt h and my old man. Matt can get tips on accountancy from Stevo 'cos money will be the only subject of conversation, the only thing that flicks his switch and the only thing that will get him out of the pub to go for a walk in the first instance. He is also a Severn Valley Railway Shareholder which should provide some tragic comedy irony.