Cadence Sport or Bike Whisperer?

crossed
crossed Posts: 237
edited March 2015 in Road general
I'm looking to get a bike fit done and after looking on here and various other websites these two seem to be very highly rated but I'm undecided which one to go for.

I'd be travelling from West London so Bike Whisperer would only be an hour or so drive whereas Cadence Sport would be a two hour drive. The fit itself costs £265 with Bike Whisperer or £185 with Cadence Sport.

Would anyone recommend one over the other?
Is a 4 hour round trip for a bike fit a bit OTT?
Is there someone else more local who's just as good that I've missed?

Comments

• Adrian Timmis knows more about cycling than most people. Experience counts massively in things such as bike fit and Adrian has that in spades. I've never heard a bad thing about his fits and he's a good bloke too.

Never heard anything about Bike Whisperer but their fit cost is pricey considering they are fairly new to it all.
  • Crossed wrote:
    Is a 4 hour round trip for a bike fit a bit OTT?

I got the train from SE London up there and rode from Tamworth so stop being lazy!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Never heard anything about Bike Whisperer but their fit cost is pricey considering they are fairly new to it all.

Made me smile. When I got my bike for done with them about 3 years ago, I think there was a 3-4 month waiting list. I can't recommend them highly enough. I think I spent 4 hours there and, as well as being excellent, I had a really fun time too. At that time, when I looked at a similar thread to this, 90% of responses recommended the Bike Whisperer.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Brakeless
    Brakeless Posts: 865

Made me smile. When I got my bike for done with them about 3 years ago, I think there was a 3-4 month waiting list. I can't recommend them highly enough. I think I spent 4 hours there and, as well as being excellent, I had a really fun time too. At that time, when I looked at a similar thread to this, 90% of responses recommended the Bike Whisperer.

This ^^^

Best couple of hundred quid I've spent on anything bike related.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    I had a fit at Cadence last week. I couldn't recommend Adrian enough, very thorough with the fit, doesn't rush and tells you why he's changing things. Plus he's a very interesting guy to talk to! You get the custom Sidas footbeds included in the price too so the fit is really only £100 or so.

Having said that, Bike Whisperer seems to get plenty of recommendations too so I very much doubt you'll go wrong with either.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    edited January 2015
    Sorry, got my wires crossed with the shops... My bad!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Sidas footbeds are not £165.

Who said they were? :?:

The fit including footbeds is only £185, so they're obviously not £165.
  • crossed
    crossed Posts: 237
    Seems like ther's not really much between the two.
    I think I'll have to give them both a call and just see which place can fit me in on the days that suit me best!
  • Never heard anything about Bike Whisperer but their fit cost is pricey considering they are fairly new to it all.

OK, fairly new to it compared to Timmis. Never heard of bike whisperer and I've been involved in cycling for 20 odd years not far from them but have heard of Timmis. That isn't to say they aren't good, I'm sure they are but the OP asked for a preference of the 2 so there you go.
  • I've been to both, and both were good. My Sidas footbeds from Adrian are still going strong 4 years later.

Given the choice, I'd go with Scherrit at the bike whisperer - but I'm sure you'd be just as happy either way. Bike Whisperer is the best money I've spent in cycling, and whilst he costs quite a lot, I still felt it was good value for the service and results.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Not been to the Bike a Whisperer but I can whole heartedly recommend Cadence Sport.

Adrian has utterly transformed my riding over they years, been to him 3 times for a full fit, (first time after I broke my leg then once after losing a lot of weight and again after breaking my back.)

He's really got the nack of getting you powerful, aerodynamic but very comfortable.

I went recently for a new Tt bike fit. I can't wait for the season to start!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bigac
    bigac Posts: 20
    i drove 4 hour round trip for a bike fit with Adrian. well worth it!
  • AndyK2479
    AndyK2479 Posts: 75
    BigAC wrote:
    i drove 4 hour round trip for a bike fit with Adrian. well worth it!

Six hour round trip, mainly courtesy of the M25 to see the Bike Whisperer this week. Found out all my physiological imperfections, different sized feet, stronger left side of torso, which a BG Fit didn't even cover.

Spent 5 1/2 hours with Scherrit, would highly recommend.
  • AndyK2479 wrote:

How much was it?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • AndyK2479
    AndyK2479 Posts: 75
    AndyK2479 wrote:

How much was it?

£265 for the fit, I also bought some e-soles foot beds, they weren't necessary according to Scherritt but I tried them and they felt better than my Specialized BG ones, they were 70 quid. An expensive fit? Money wise then yes but I've just come back in from a quick hour on my usual loop. Can I tell the difference? Definitely yes, my feet feel like they are in the "right" place, pedalling is smoother, it just feels better. So the money spent is an investment in something I enjoy, so I rate that as good value.

I've had a BG Fit previously as part of a bike purchase, the difference in detail between the two fits is night and day.