Bike socks

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Good idea, even when giving my bike a good clean but not a total strip down there's always plenty of grease etc hidden away.

That said its not for me.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • sirmol
    sirmol Posts: 287
    They are hideous!!!
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Looks pretty aero though....I might try one of those on the next club tt
  • :):):)

To be fair though - it's not a terrible idea if you do keep your bike indoors and don't wanna clean it every time!
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Thats hideous
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    One word review:

Crap
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    :):):)

To be fair though - it's not a terrible idea if you do keep your bike indoors and don't wanna clean it every time!

I keep my bike indoors and might only clean it once a week or two. Not using one of these bike sock things has never caused a problem, the crud and road salt has never magically jumped off the bike (unfortunately).
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    I leave my bike in the new office, rather than the non-existent bike sheds, and crap does end up on the new carpet. But it's not my carpet so until they provide secure bike parking, the carpet will just get dirtier.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    I keep my bikes in the kitchen.
    I sometimes clean the bikes, rarely clean my own socks and never clean the kitchen.
    Looking for wife/cleaner not a bike sock. :D
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    some of those bikes needed covering up :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    The dog in one of those photo's looks like he's just waiting for everyone to leave so he can take a wee on the bike sock.
  • Emphursis
    Emphursis Posts: 124
    I can actually see those being useful - I keep my bikes on a wooden floor and put towels underneath to catch any drips. Those look like they'd be neater. Pretty expensive though!!
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    I have a sneaking admiration for those people who can design something utterly bellendish that nobody needs yet somehow sell by the trailer load.