Warming up for racing.

murf1480
murf1480 Posts: 117
As it says in the title really, I've come to realize at 42 I can't just put the bike on the rollers and pedal away for 20 mins beforehand. I use a PM and HRM so i don't know if that will help. So does anybody have a tips or proper structured warm up plan for racing circuits and also TT's.

Many thanks

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    There's this: http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/zuvvi/ ... ARM_UP.pdf

But realistically, some steady efforts followed by a few hard efforts is all it amounts to...
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I wouldnt 'overthink' warming up. I have watched the guys who are regular top 6 and nope they dont batter themselves warming up. For me, I just , happier if the heart rate has been up a few notches beforehand but if there is some magic pre race routine.....
  • murf1480
    murf1480 Posts: 117
    Cheers for the link Imposter I'll give that a go i think.

JGSI wrote:
    I wouldnt 'overthink' warming up. I have watched the guys who are regular top 6 and nope they dont batter themselves warming up. For me, I just , happier if the heart rate has been up a few notches beforehand but if there is some magic pre race routine.....

Tbh I was like you happy for my heart rate to go up a bit, but after a few races last season where I felt like I hadn't warmed up properly i just thought i would try something a little different..
  • Relating this directly to RR, can't you just warm up during the neutralised section? (assuming there is one).
    Or on a circuit just stick a lap or two before the start?
  • pn12st01-warmup.jpg
    I do science, sometimes.