Canyon Swiss Designed FS MTB

kinioo
kinioo Posts: 776
edited January 2015 in MTB buying advice
Guys,

What do you think about this ??

http://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/canyo ... 1098125811

Cannot find much about it on the web...it looks like its Racing FS10 but not sure ??
Just wanted to read a bit more about it and compare the spec in ad with original etc.

Is it worth it ??
Is it any good ??

Cheers

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Don't know much about it, but a Tora up front stands out at serious odds with the rest of the spec, so suspect that may have been changed.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Having looked at their site, you might be right but it looks like an older model. For example the brakes are the older XT's and as the rookie said the Tora forks too.
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Tora does look out of place but the bike with, what looks like, that exact spec. does appear in an image on the website. No geometry info on the website either.

Oooh, just googling and this looks like it: http://www.canyon.ch/index.php?id=459&u ... 5B1%5D=395
  • kinioo
    Antm81 wrote:
    Having looked at their site, you might be right but it looks like an older model. For example the brakes are the older XT's and as the rookie said the Tora forks too.

Yep, this is what I though - probably older/previous version - as I couldn't find it on the web...

May pass on this one then.

Cheers guys
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What a strange spec!

I'm not a fan of the M775 brakes (prefer M765 to M775 personally) and would want to change the Tora's, but wouldn't rule it out at the right price - which would be less than £600 - even if it was circa £2250 new (with a Tora - I mean, really?).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kinioo
    The Rookie wrote:
    What a strange spec!

I'm not a fan of the M775 brakes (prefer M765 to M775 personally) and would want to change the Tora's, but wouldn't rule it out at the right price - which would be less than £600 - even if it was circa £2250 new (with a Tora - I mean, really?).

Got the message from the seller: its a 2012 apparently never been ridden (I don't believe it but the condition looks good) ?! as he has a road bike blah blah blah....

Saying less than £600 what would you pay for it ??!!
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I'd walk away as I doubt seriously that's a canyon, if it is it's probably over 10 years old, but like I say it's very unlikely it's actually a canyon at all.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    I believe it's probably genuine, but it seems it is from a second manufacturer called canyon based in Switzerland and not the German brand we know.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Has the seller just said that it's Swiss because he doesn't know what a DT Swiss shock is?
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Ahh yes, canyon.ch. Anyway it looks like a terrible bike. You'd do better at halfords.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • kinioo
    OK, I dont bother then...