fancy finishing kit

Fishboyz
Fishboyz Posts: 152
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Scott addict team replica frame.

Started to view at fancy finishing kit (Bars/stem/post) any recommendations? I've had good experience with Ritchey WCS stuff so possibly WCS bars, but looking at the super logic c260 stem and superlogic (flex logic?) post.

Any thoughts/views?

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Have WCS seat post/stem/bars on one bike - really nice, can't be faulted, looks lush in wet black! Bargain when tracked down in the sales.

But not as nice as EC90 carbon on the good bike .........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Yep, it's all pretty normal stuff, the stem holds the bars to the steerer tube quite well, and the seatpost grips the saddle fine and gets held in a frame nicely.

Wait until you actually buy the frame or not, making sure the frame fits you properly, then make sure the bars are a good shape and size for you.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Thompson, deda Easton. ...... Different bars have different reach drop earrings. The. C so as above you need to know what shape you want which will depend on the position you want on the bike.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Full Fizik cyrano R1 looks the DBs especially on a black frame
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    I have a couple of Ritchey Superlogic bars and fitted one with the C260 stem. I found the c260 stem fussy to fit, the bolts are oddly angled in from the back and low torque (4nm?). If I was speccing again I wouldn't get the 260, there are any number of stems that are stiff enough, light enough etc, but which are just more practical !
  • No issues with the C260 stem here. I have one on my weight weenie Foil and my Cento Uno. It's lighter than any carbon stem I've ever owned and beats the Deda Superleggero on my C59 by a few g's (and half its price). Looks nice too.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    As above no problems with C260 stem and WCS Logic II and Evocurve Aero bars.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    You can't fault Ritchey kit, I had WCS carbon on one bike which was swapped for 3T purely for aesthetics.... Big mistake!
  • Fishboyz
    Fishboyz Posts: 152
    Ordered the Ritchey super logic post as last one from wiggle, loads on full carbon stems about...

Anyone tried the flex logic versions?
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I've got PRO vibe carbon bars and the vibe stem with the puzzle clamp. Looks great, I don't have the matching seat post though. That's a Specialized CG-R.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • 3T Dorico Ltd Stem and post are very nice

Pro Vibe also very nice
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    I got a Deda zero100 stem off the classifieds, I never thought a stem would be impressive, it's just a stem right? but it's made a noticeable difference to the bike, I'm now looking for matching bars and seatpost
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    I always tend to fit Deda Zero100 alloy components for my steering, as they're stiff and pretty light and the matching Deda carbon seatposts are very nice too. I would only go carbon on my bars if I wanted something aero. As for carbon stems, I don't see the point.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I stuck enve stem and bars on my colnago - really liked the shape of the bars which suits my none to flexible physique!

Peter