2013 tarmac Handel bars how wide?

Aaron1980
Aaron1980 Posts: 5
edited January 2015 in Road general
Hi I'm looking at buying some aerofly handlebars for my specialized tarmac but am insure what width to go for? 44 or 42cm? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Comments

• Pigtail
    Pigtail Posts: 424
    What width are your current bars? Are you happy with them?

I tend not to fiddle with stuff like that, though other people always want to make adjustments. This page

http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bikes/ ... 2#geometry

Gives you current geometry, so most medium bikes come with 42cm bars and the two largest sizes come with 44s.
  • I got couple of bikes with different bar length. I find that shorter one is better when on the flats and the wider one is better when climbing. Just my preference. Better to experiment with different bar lengths rather just stick to one youre happy with.
  • tomisitt
    tomisitt Posts: 257
    Um...you don't need advice, you need to know your acromion-to-acromion (shoulder-to-shoulder) measurement. That will make the decision for you.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Aaron1980 wrote:
    Hi I'm looking at buying some aerofly handlebars for my specialized tarmac but am insure what width to go for? 44 or 42cm? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

That's a bit like asking what size trousers you should buy. Buy the size that fits you best.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    tomisitt wrote:
    Um...you don't need advice, you need to know your acromion-to-acromion (shoulder-to-shoulder) measurement. That will make the decision for you.

Get a tape measure.

Measure centres of front of shoulder to centre of front of shoulder.

Job jobbed.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Karlos69
    Karlos69 Posts: 107
    Wasn't Handel a composer?
    Cannondale Killer V
    Trek 6500