Rose X-lite crs or Rose Xeon team CGF

Erl1
Erl1 Posts: 2
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
Hello. I'm looking for a new bike. Currently I ride a Caad 8, which I have been pleased with and have found myself rather comfortable riding. I have looked at both Canyon and Rose, and decided to go for a Rose due to the long dispatch time for Canyon. I was wondering if anyone could guide me any further in my quest?

The past years I have been riding in one GF each year, and that is about 160 km long. Other use of the bike will be training and riding with friends. I get that I "should" take the Grand Fondo bike due to my use of the bike, but I do like the looks of the new X-lite. Will the X-lite be too aggressive and harsh of a ride compared to my Caad 8?

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,636
    Doesn't seem to be much information around about the X-lites yet. I've not been able to find a review of them anywhere and I've not seen anyone on this forum who has mentioned owning or riding one.

That said, it should be possible to spec an X-lite with the right wheels and 25mm tyres so the ride shouldn't be too harsh. Have a look at the X-lite's geometry which is posted on the Rose website to see how it compares to your CAAD8.
  • sophidog
    sophidog Posts: 180
    you can also get the Rose CGF with disc brakes now http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/products/bikes/road/disc/
    Road: Rose CDX-3000 Cannondale CAADX 105 2011
    Turbo: Fuji Nevada Mountain Bike(Y2K)