Flyday Friday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
edited January 2015 in The bottom bracket
This one is dedicated to arran who is working an exhausting full day at work :wink:

Now sat at City airport stuffing my face with a full English brekkie and waiting for the flight to be called. Next stop will involve schnapps and strudel, then its 4 days of uplift and slidey downhill and a fair amount of drinking 8) Enjoy the working day you lot (except Sa0 who's skiving off as well).
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Work meh day, no skiing for me :(
  • Work day for me too, but I've only got 5 more to cope with then I'm off to snowy (hopefully) France for downhill sliding, beers, frogs legs and snails.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Now sat at City airport stuffing my face with a full English brekkie and waiting for the flight to be called.

Have a beer. Airport beers are the best. Best beers - in no particular order...

1 - Airport beers. Score extra points for having a pint before 7am
    2 - Train beers. Thanks to a few at the station beforehand I managed to get brilliantly p*ssed on the Glasgow to Preston train a few years ago. Racing through the countryside I was having, like, this really deep revelation, yeah, about how we're all, like, connected to the land, yeah.
    3 - Beach beers. No explanation needed here.

There's probably more.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    See my previous response to you regarding work :P
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    This one is dedicated to arran who is working an exhausting full day at work :wink:

City Airport is a complete shite hole of a place, the previous company I worked for were based in the big glass office on the other side of the regatta course from the runway, watching those little elastic band planes struggling to take off there was a scary sight :shock:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Now sat at City airport stuffing my face with a full English brekkie and waiting for the flight to be called.

After my day of 'work' I'm being taken out for a slap up nosh as a thank-you for winning a decent tender.

Until then just tea I think, don't want to fill up too much before tonight :mrgreen:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Working this morning then off to Brighton for beer, beer and more beer.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312
    Was planning a bike ride today. Obstacles to such plans:

- Very sore hip as a result of doing summat dodgy to it at Table Tennis last night. Protagonist beat me by a little luck in the first game, more luck in the second and so killed myself to come back and win 3-2. That'll teach him to swagger around at 2-0 up.
    - Pouring with rain.
    - Head cold from hell and coughing up stuff you could trip over.

Hoped Stevo would be too off p!ssed to bother us for a few days, meh. Thought he would have mentioned Boro doing the bizness in the Championship but forgot that he went soft and can't handle heartbreak so decided to support some poncy London club...hang on.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    In flight web, well the flight attendants like me, but no cute girl sat beside me, in fact no one is sat beside me. Not on the booze

Arran has a point about the potential for difference between work and work. So Arran what does work mean for you today
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Sat honing my bushes :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    sa0u823e wrote:
    So Arran what does work mean for you today

Survive until 16:15 :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • I'm grinding an axe.

Got kindling to chop for the log burner when I get home.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Too late to ski today so we got trolleyed instead. And its only 5.30 :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Beltaine
    Beltaine Posts: 166
    Well, start how you mean to go on, kidder ! :D
    ....I don't know why; It's a perfectly cromulent word....
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Matt will be envious. I forgot how much I hated transatlantic flights past NYC (though I hate NYC border security) took for fooking ever. Anyway now at my friends, nailing coffee before we head out. Enjoy the weekend ladies n gents and others
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Didn't do any work yesterday apart from visit a customer and talk sh1t. Then I got trolleyed whilst watching bike racing. What's not to like?