TURN Zayante Cranks

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
edited January 2015 in Road buying advice
Any opinions?

Comments

• maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    looks tidy enough, and I have a set of Praxis rings which work well, so that suggests a good indicator.

Not sure how the 30mm axle will influence bearing life, on a BSA frame though. It's not clear if the bearings will be smaller, given the axle is fatter...? Maybe someone can clear this up?

Raceface have also gone 30mm axle in their MTB cranks, so it seems to be a trend at the moment. I guess if they can make BSA BBs that can handle 30mm axles successfully it is a good development, as it allows a light, stiff alloy axle.

Having said that, I don't really buy cranks more than once every five years or so, so I don't need any...
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • They came on my new '15 Tarmac, first thing I did was swap them out for Ultegra. Bike feels quite a bit lighter.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    They came on my new '15 Tarmac, first thing I did was swap them out for Ultegra. Bike feels quite a bit lighter.

You can feel the 25 grams difference in the bike weight? Or is there more difference than that? ...here it says 25 grams...

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/praxis-works-expanding-into-cranksets-with-turn-42607/
    Claimed weights are "about 25g heavier than [Shimano] Ultegra and [Deore] XT"