Safari Oleg Meerkat Trafficking?

mfin
mfin Posts: 6,729
edited January 2015 in The cake stop
On the advert, it appears that Safari Oleg has chosen to stay in Africa and his two accompanying male adults (of which I don't know if either are his father or a legally appointed carer) have 'gone with his decision' and left him there in Africa and started their own journey home, leaving him there.

If one of us took a kid to a foreign country and left them there when they expressed that they wanted to stay we'd be bang in trouble. Or, is this not what it seems and is in fact an example of meerkat trafficking of some kind where money has changed hands? Either way, surely the adult meerkats can't be expected to get away with it.

Unless I have missed some relevant back story or context to this then why is this on TV rather than being investigated by the powers that be?

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    No investigation can be instigated coz it's their culture innit?
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Ballysmate wrote:
    No investigation can be instigated coz it's their culture innit?

Simples!
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Stop being so Meerkat-ist

I don't know any meerkats and have no connection to them but I want to make a song and dance about how offended I am by proxy. It's just not PC enough.

We can have a competition "I'm more offended than you are".
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    I'm not that offended to be honest.
    I've used that bloody company since the meerkats came on the scene, and never had a one off them.
    I think its all a fantasy story and meerkats don't even exist. Or zebra's for that matter.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    I've got 3. Running two vehicles helps.

When you claim one (through the dark underworld of Meerkat trafficking), you get an intriguing Meerkat tracker as it makes it's way to you - Moscow, Oslo, Paris, Copenhagen, Brussels, Glasgow...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Yes, but it has f@@k all to do with car insurance.
    All this money spent and I forget what they do - so never go on their webshite.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    ben@31 wrote:

I don't know any meerkats and have no connection to them but I want to make a song and dance about how offended I am by proxy. It's just not PC enough.

I'm not meerkatist. Some of my best friends are meerkats.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Ballysmate wrote:
    ben@31 wrote:

I'm not meerkatist. Some of my best friends are meerkats.
    That old line. Do you even know one Meerkat? What's their name?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    mfin wrote:
    On the advert, it appears that Safari Oleg has chosen to stay in Africa and his two accompanying male adults (of which I don't know if either are his father or a legally appointed carer) have 'gone with his decision' and left him there in Africa and started their own journey home, leaving him there.

If one of us took a kid to a foreign country and left them there when they expressed that they wanted to stay we'd be bang in trouble. Or, is this not what it seems and is in fact an example of meerkat trafficking of some kind where money has changed hands? Either way, surely the adult meerkats can't be expected to get away with it.

Unless I have missed some relevant back story or context to this then why is this on TV rather than being investigated by the powers that be?
    Perhaps they're politician or royal meerkats, I hear they can get away with this sort of abuse.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Say what you like about meerkats, they all seem to have very good powers of observation.
  • pinno
    I don't think this is a case of Meerkat trafficking, more a case of wilful abandonment.
  • animal72
    animal72 Posts: 251
    He was left on their doorstep ages ago, so isn't theirs anyway.

Can't you lot remember anything...
    Condor Super Acciaio, Record, Deda, Pacentis.
    Curtis 853 Handbuilt MTB, XTR, DT Swiss and lots of Hope.
    Genesis Datum Gravel Bike, Pacentis (again).
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc, 105 & H-Plus-Son.

Mostly Steel.
  • pinno
    Animal72 wrote:
    He was left on their doorstep ages ago, so isn't theirs anyway.

Can't you lot remember anything...

Don't break the suspension of reality, ffs. Some of the more senior members of this forum need a little distraction between pills and prunes.
  • I have Baby Oleg, my mother in law gave him to me. I keep him in the wardrobe, Harry Potter has it easy :twisted:
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    But surely it will only be a matter of time before either Madonna or Angelina Jolie adopts him.
  • pinno
    But surely it will only be a matter of time before either Madonna or Angelina Jolie adopts him.

Adoption? He needs to be shot, after all he can't even eat a moth without bringing it up. I blame the Western upbringing which has caused allergies.