• lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    41FwbH00iNL.jpg
    You could look that cool....

Also I rather like it.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    The Jerseys themselves are lovely....but those gilets.....uuggh.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    No worse that the pink one from last year....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Jerseys nice, gilets gash
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    ^ that looks bloody awful, also the green! The previous two stripes as on jersey looked much better imo.
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Agreed ... The jerseys look ok. What the hell happened to the gilet!?!?
    Pity you can't buy the jersey on its own.

I'm guessing there will be a large number available in the next sale!
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    I get that in their imagination the combo is to be worn during 24 hr rides etc. but the reality is to everyone else but Rapha it's a (previously well priced) jersey and gilet.

It wouldn't be quite so bad without the gaffa tape ... But then Rapha's new customer base is those that think flouro, reflectors and a helmet would keep them safe from the Death Star.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • It's not bad enough to start a thread about else there'd be 20 gazillion similar assos and castelli (if we're sticking to good but overpriced brands) up.

Don't do vests myself so no interest for me anyhow ;)
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Not a bad idea chap!

A thread called "god awful cycling kit they think we are daft enough to purchase"
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I think cycling abroad (especially mainland Europe) we Brits must stand out a mile as the guys wearing "dull" kit. For starters most people seem to wear team kit (I've even wondered if there's a site in Dutch/French/Italian called "Non-Team Issue Kit W**kers" picturing Brits in turgid-coloured plain jerseys and black (yes, black FFS!) shorts). Don't get me wrong, I'd be pictured on that site too but a big chunk of the rest of the cycling world seems to think "the louder the better" and they'll lap this kit up..
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Bargain at only £185....................
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I think cycling abroad (especially mainland Europe) we Brits must stand out a mile as the guys wearing "dull" kit. For starters most people seem to wear team kit (I've even wondered if there's a site in Dutch/French/Italian called "Non-Team Issue Kit W**kers" picturing Brits in turgid-coloured plain jerseys and black (yes, black FFS!) shorts). Don't get me wrong, I'd be pictured on that site too but a big chunk of the rest of the cycling world seems to think "the louder the better" and they'll lap this kit up..

Agreed! Though Rapha/Castelli is on the rise in our riding group. Mostly among the exapts but it's spreading...

Awful shop/club kit is by far and away the most common though. It reminds me of 90s MTB kit!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • That looks vile...
    left the forum March 2023
  • The individual jerseys, particularly the black, white and grey are quite nice. The full striped gilets look like Cannondale let Cipo colour the "Legalize My Cannondale" kit.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    I think Rapha will create a real buzz with some of these...

Probably because one of them will make you look like a bleedin' wasp!

Actually... I quite like the red one - looking like Freddie Kruger on the bike might make people keep their distance.
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    i dont like it.
    Those stripes!

Matt
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I generally like and own rapha gear. That designer needs his eyes gauging out
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Audax version:
    d4e4o5g414n3y40464w5f4p264q2r2h4v5f4042354v2r294x2u2.jpg

Rapha Club Version:
    d4e4o5g414n3y404n4z5f4q274x2r2h4v5f4042354v2r294x2u2.jpg
  • type:epyt wrote:
    But then Rapha's new customer base is those that think flouro, reflectors and a helmet would keep them safe from the Death Star.

Away and ride your bike FFS. What a stupid, snobbish comment. Chips for tea?
  • btiratsoo
    btiratsoo Posts: 204
    The jerseys look great. The gilets on the other hand are a bit out there. I'm sure they will grow on me though.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Rapha must love these threads: "All publicity..." and all that.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • i think they've dropped the ball on this one......
  • evs78
    evs78 Posts: 133
    I've got the grey long sleeved brevet and it's a great bit of kit (especially at sale price). These however, are shocking. Can see plenty of them being in the end of season sale later in the year.
    All the gear and no idea...
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    Evs78 wrote:
    I've got the grey long sleeved brevet and it's a great bit of kit (especially at sale price). These however, are shocking. Can see plenty of them being in the end of season sale later in the year.

Not sure I'd even buy it in the sale....if it was a kid, only it's mother would love it!
  • andy37
    andy37 Posts: 120
    Its the bloody price. £185 is a fecking lot of cash for a jersey and gillet. I just bought a full 1 x 10 set up for my MTB (sorry to pollute the tread) for £163 which includes crank, i/o chainring, shifter, chain, cassette and rear mech, all shimano and all new!! That puts things in perspective a little.
  • Please close this thread ugo...please!
  • andy37 wrote:
    Its the bloody price. £185 is a ******* lot of cash for a jersey and gillet. I just bought a full 1 x 10 set up for my MTB (sorry to pollute the tread) for £163 which includes crank, i/o chainring, shifter, chain, cassette and rear mech, all shimano and all new!! That puts things in perspective a little.

It certainly does. You spent all that on a funking devil machine and have the cheek to boast about it in a 'Road' thread?!?!?!?!?

BURN HIM.

And yes Ugo, close now please ;)
  • andy37
    andy37 Posts: 120
    andy37 wrote:
    Its the bloody price. £185 is a ******* lot of cash for a jersey and gillet. I just bought a full 1 x 10 set up for my MTB (sorry to pollute the tread) for £163 which includes crank, i/o chainring, shifter, chain, cassette and rear mech, all shimano and all new!! That puts things in perspective a little.

It certainly does. You spent all that on a funking devil machine and have the cheek to boast about it in a 'Road' thread?!?!?!?!?

BURN HIM.

And yes Ugo, close now please ;)

Ooops, should have known better :D