Woes day thread

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited January 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Cruddites

Was meant to be going home tonight, was asked at 4:45 yesterday if I could stay until Friday, so now I'm not - phuket!

Oh well, quiet day so far, lets see how it goes!
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Was hoping to be snowed in this morning :(

Suppose I had better get to work then
  • matthew h wrote:
    Was hoping to be snowed in this morning :(
    This. Looked outside, and there is only a thin covering that fell at about 9pm last night :(

Morning Losers!

In before the shutdown! Will it ever be turned back on? I doubt it.
    Today I need to get to work, which will be hell, and then pray like mad that the snow will get worse, forcing me to go home.
    Other than that, not much happening.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    No snow in the subtropical South East. But s*** loads of work and no excuse not to go in. Sat on train wedged in next to some sweaty fat barsteward so not a good start.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    No snow in the subtropical South East. But s*** loads of work and no excuse not to go in. Sat on train wedged in next to some sweaty fat barsteward so not a good start.

Should have used the grandad bike ;)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Drove in so I could get the fault code on the car reset, mercifully little traffic meant I got here on time. The main topic of conversation in this place is that a woman that used to work here was on some new programme on telly last night. By all accounts it was awful, Indian version of TOWIE. The Only Way is Hounslow? I've got a load of emails to deal with so that might help get me through the day. I'm leaving early today so may not see this place again today as I will be in the pub later as it is indeed Wednedsday.
    I will have to fortify myself with tea and cake today.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Bit like groundhog day here, I'm sure I posted on here this morning :shock: Must have been lost when the site was tinkered with :lol:

Tough old day having to look busy but I did amuse myself by buying shinny bike bits for the road bike 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • I've had to cancel my gym trip as I don't think the road to it will be passable in about an hour. Woe is me.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Should have used the grandad bike ;)
    Might be tricky as I don't have one :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]