2015 Scott Speedster 20 (first road bike)

italianstallion
italianstallion Posts: 17
edited May 2015 in Your road bikes
So after about a decade since my childhood ended where I used a mountain bike to get everywhere, I picked up a bike of the 'go faster' variety. This is my workout/training/wind in my hair/I just want to be outside bike. Picked it up from my LBS after they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. in just over a month I've got between 550 and 600 miles on it, riding on weekends only.

I have since outfitted it with Shimano 105 pedals (to match the rest of the 105 components), a Garmin 500 with cadence and HRM, and some bottle cages. I also took the liberty of taking off a few things like the reflectors (rear wheel reflector was actually broken within a few weeks) and the dork disk on the rear after it cracked. My total investment on this bike of around $1600 doesn't approach the high end stuff out there, but I love this thing just the same.

bf4b3cd9-38f1-4687-9c2c-174801de468d_zps1723d70d.jpg

Comments

• There are a lot of ugly team bikes out there, but this certainly isn't one of them! Very nice choice, they're a great bike.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    I really like the look of the Speedster range. Nice one.
  • That's a lovely looking bike and looks like it's got nice kit on it for a first road bike.
    The paint job's nice too :) - I'm a fan of colourful glossy frames, but they seem to have fallen out of fashion recently.

Have fun with it!
  • Really nice bike, especially for a first road bike, glad to see you got rid of some of the dork things pretty quickly as well lol.

Enjoy.

Regards
    Cervelo R3
    Tarmac Elite
  • Thanks everyone! I was calling shops all around my area looking for a specific make and model of bike. The shop I got this Scott from had the bike I was originally looking for, but told me they'd sell me this Scott at the same price as the bike I originally called about, saving me $200 and putting me on a bike with a much better groupset and a paint job I liked a whole lot more. Its been one of the best things I've ever bought myself.
  • Rick448
    Rick448 Posts: 69
    Very nice. I love my Scott too. Enjoy!
  • bik4r
    bik4r Posts: 1
    Hi there! I have ordered this bike and I wait like crazy!! It's beautiful!
    Can you tell me where did you buy the bottle cages? I haven't seen something better than it. They are a perfect match!!!!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    That is stunning...

Hardin7.jpg