£430 replacement for stolen Specialized Crosstrail Sport Dis

tangled_metal
tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
edited January 2015 in Commuting general
My Crosstrail Sport Disc 2013 model hybrid bike has been stolen. The current model is now £550 not the £430 my bike cost me. I'd like to buy a replacement for the original price.

My use is road commuting, some very rough roads but mostly good. I'll sometimes ride on towpaths, trails and off road, but never anything difficult that needs an mtb. I learnt from my hybrid bike that I prefer a drop bar bike due to comfort of multiple hand positions. I've got used to the flat bars so would be ok with that too. I was planning to get bar ends for the old bike, before it was stolen. That would be a good alternative to drop bars.

Is it possible to get a good hybrid with hydraulic discs, 9 speed with 3 Chainrings and a reasonable frame like the Crosstrail I had? For £430 that is.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    2014 Crosstrail and save yourself £100? (as long as a medium suites!)
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/spe ... e-ec052367

Consider also the Voodoo Marasa at halfords, very versatile and flexible bike, but it is only 3x8 gearing, although in reality that makes very little difference.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Well, I would get the previous model, I did with the one that got stolen. Got to be XXL in the Crosstrail. I'm 6'5" tall, average build for my height I think with fairly equal upper/lower body, i.e. my legs and body are normal length for my height.