Chainring(s): 52/36
Chain: SRAM 11s
Cassette: Ultegra 12-27
Pedals: Look Classic
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Ultegra

Wheels: DT Swiss R23 Spline
Tyres: Michelin Pro 4.0 Endurance

Accessories: Canyon Mudguards, Exposure TraceR, Exposure Strada

Yeah, it's a CX bike rather than a road bike, but it's my winter road bike. It rides beautifully; hydraulic discs are awesome and I'm loving 11 speed.
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Comments

• nammynake
    nammynake Posts: 196
    I've been looking at these. Seem spot on for winter road riding. I notice they have two road spec and two CX spec bikes in this range - your bike appears to be the CX one - have you changed the chainset and cassette to a more 'road friendly' set up? Not sure I could stomach the green colour that's all !
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    nammynake wrote:
    I've been looking at these. Seem spot on for winter road riding. I notice they have two road spec and two CX spec bikes in this range - your bike appears to be the CX one - have you changed the chainset and cassette to a more 'road friendly' set up? Not sure I could stomach the green colour that's all !

That's pretty much it. I didn't want a green bike so bought this one and swapped out the CX bits for more road friendly.

I contemplated keeping the CX bits so I could use it as such if I wanted, but it's maybe a once a year thing at the moment so I put them all on eBay.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • They do look pretty good in red, and the spec is very impressive too!
    Hope you enjoy it :)
  • nammynake
    nammynake Posts: 196
    Asprilla wrote:
    nammynake wrote:

That's pretty much it. I didn't want a green bike so bought this one and swapped out the CX bits for more road friendly.

I contemplated keeping the CX bits so I could use it as such if I wanted, but it's maybe a once a year thing at the moment so I put them all on eBay.

Thanks. It seems strange that they don't offer all colours for all models given that it's the same frame. Quite tempted by this. Do you get the proper mudguard fitting points as on the road variant?
  • asprilla
    nammynake wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    nammynake wrote:

Thanks. It seems strange that they don't offer all colours for all models given that it's the same frame. Quite tempted by this. Do you get the proper mudguard fitting points as on the road variant?

The frames on each variant are exactly the same so you get the same mounting points on each of them.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Nice!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Yeah I like that a lot. I would've gone for it had they allowed me to have the road (this) spec rather than the cx only.

Good stuff!
  • asprilla
    Yeah I like that a lot. I would've gone for it had they allowed me to have the road (this) spec rather than the cx only.

Good stuff!

Ironically I started out looking at the Rose but the geometry doesn't work for me.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    Bit soon to be sticking it on the bonfire isn't it?
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • asprilla
    Curto80 wrote:
    Bit soon to be sticking it on the bonfire isn't it?

It steers so sharp I use it to split logs.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • tzunoi
    tzunoi Posts: 13
    Nice one. What size is it and how tall are you/inseam (I'm trying to get one also but I'm not very sure about sizing :) )
  • asprilla
    Height: 5'10 / 178cm
    Inseam: 33" / 83.5cm

It's a large. I've got long legs and short body so I need a long head tube, otherwise saddle / bar drop is too great. For reference, I also ride a Cervelo S1 56cm and a Steel SS 56cm square build, both with 120mm stems.

I am reasonably low though.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • tzunoi
    And the saddle is not to high? I'm between L and XL and I'm afraid that due to the VCLS seat post, that cannot be inserted to much, I will not be able to leave the saddle to low. What was the struggle with seat post on your case - is fully inserted?
    I'm 187 with 88 inseam.
  • asprilla
    BB Centre to saddle top is 775mm, it's usually 785 on my Cervelo.

I do get comments on my saddle height when I post images (you should see the seat post on my Brompton) but it fits and it's as a result of my fit at Sigma Sport. I went in there to be measured for a new bike a few weeks ago and their static measurements suggested I should go up by another 10mm, but it doesn't feel comfortable, so I'm not going to do it.

I do need a new fit though.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • tzunoi
    There is any room to lower the saddle or is fully inserted? What is the minimum height of it - if you know?
  • asprilla
    tzunoi wrote:
    There is any room to lower the saddle or is fully inserted? What is the minimum height of it - if you know?

Loads of room to lower it, easily 50mm probably more but I've not measured it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • hi
    could you tell me where/ how you got the inflite specific mudguards from?

thanks
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    hi
    could you tell me where/ how you got the inflite specific mudguards from?

thanks

they are these ones

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sks-blumels-road-mudguard-set/rp-prod84326

they were hidden in the "Accessories" section of the Canyon website a couple of weeks ago (I was looking at them as was considering an Inflite 9.0s and wanted matching guards - shame they don't come with anymore)