Mehnday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited January 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

I went to bed far too late last night after watching another episode of Breaking Bad. Seems ok so far, but I'll reserve judgement a while longer.
I dropped a couple of friends off in Manchester and was about to head back to da Hudd last night, when I noticed that taking the M62 would take 55 mins and the A62 only 1 hour. Decided with the latter, and it only took 45mins, and had stunning views! Will have to remember that one in future.

Today, back to work, then football in the evening.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Beltaine
    Beltaine Posts: 166
    Cold.
    Cold.
    Cold.
    Meh.
    ....I don't know why; It's a perfectly cromulent word....
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning freaks,

Just had a coffee, tasteslikeshit.

Combined with useless minion does not make for a happy me. Mondays are wank enough with people making my day more difficult.

Someone fetch the gin
  • G`day chavs

Off to bed to watch Fury, then sleep eat work repeat till Wed

Not so cold out here at sea as it is onshore, which is nice.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Afternoon cruddites.

In the office today, a cool day here with a high of just 30C, so quite pleasant really, had a nice quick 36 miler yesterday and was back to the hotel in time for Coffee and pastries before they finished serving breakfast,

Found a guy who does a lot of MTBing round here, so aiming to get some guided off road rides in next time if I can!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Feck me that was a cold ride in!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Definitely a slight nip in the air today. Rumbled in on the Cotic so not very quick but it made me smile. Took a slightly longer route along the trails around the edge of the park. Hardly challenging off road stuff, but it had more grip than the sheets of ice on the path through the middle.
    Can't believe it's Monday already. I think the weekends should be longer and the working week shorter. Got to go to a meeting for the scout group tonight. Deep joy. They will be asking me about the state of the finances but I haven't got a clue. I'd ask the treasurer if he was any good. Unfortunately that's me. I should probably have a look before the meeting.
    Until then more tea and I'll have a scrounge around for biscuits.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Monday meh

Early start as I was interviewing this morning, now having fun on a conference call.

Today is lots of meeting followed by meeting the family for a swim later if I get away in time

Right, more tea
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    matthew h wrote:
    ... now having fun on a conference call.
    Did you just have to ask someone to repeat themselves because you were on here and not paying attention?
    Clearly I am not the voice of experience as that has never happened to me when talking to a particularly dull customer, no not ever. :oops:
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Feck me that was a cold ride in!
    This. And the minion isn't here to make me tea and toast.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    ... now having fun on a conference call.
    Did you just have to ask someone to repeat themselves because you were on here and not paying attention?
    Clearly I am not the voice of experience as that has never happened to me when talking to a particularly dull customer, no not ever. :oops:

ERM :oops:
  • So apparently I emailed the College of Arms as to how I get a coat of arms for myself. I know this because I've had a reply from the Officer in Waiting from the college telling me how to go about it, and that it costs £5.5k

I do strange things when I'm drunk!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evening bros and more than likely hoes!

shyte monday but it gets me a day closer to skiing next saturday, not sure i've mentioned it!

Trip out to drop off tools and motivation to the team repairing the red arrow, they'd gone for lunch so we sacked that idea off, headed back to the office and arrissed around.

Foods inbound so i'll cop ya later!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Evening Gits,

Woke up at 3.30am for no real reason then had to get up at 6 to pedal in. So am now knackered but counting down to skiing - just over 3 days to go. Yay 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]