Snowday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited January 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning

A bit of white stuff has changed plans as I assume the eldest rugrat won't be going to rugby for the first time and I won't be cycling :(

If that's the case I will get a decent run in and we will probably go for a walk which I assume will end with a visit to the pub.

laters

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    No snow here, just cold grey and rainy. 'Orrid.

Wifey is being a right pain and the workaholic micromanaging boss has sent me a load of emails overnight which I haven't opened because I know it'll put me in a bad mood. So I am ignoring both people and getting on with my stuff/drinking coffee. **** 'em.

Have at least sorted out skiing kit ready for Friday so no late night packing panics.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    matthew h wrote:
    Morning

A bit of white stuff has changed plans as I assume the eldest rugrat won't be going to rugby for the first time and I won't be cycling :(

If that's the case I will get a decent run in and we will probably go for a walk which I assume will end with a visit to the pub.

laters

I suppose if all my walks ended up at the pub i'd be as alky as you and i'm quite a walker!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • bg13
    ps good afternoon one and all!

outdoor sporting has been successfully carried out, had a quick walk, no pub! And now need to visit the shops for food stuffs.

Not long till skiing so i'm getting quite excited, not frothing at the bung hole excited but i'm definitely getting a bit of blood in it!

Toodles.

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Afternoon Losers!

We had quite a bit of snow yesterday (though it was more like hail that left everyhwere covered in white) which made the football terrible, mixed with a referee that should quit/be fired as he was shocking (if someone does a foul throw, it goes to the opposing side, you don't let them try again!!) means it was a terrible game and we lost 2 points because of that.

Today I've been doing the usual antics, and have had a nice tagine dinner with a friend then looked at big TV's, as mine is too small to watch movies and games on really. Problem is, do I get a 39" TV for £229 or the same model but 50" version for £349. Hmmm

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    Afternoon Losers!

We had quite a bit of snow yesterday (though it was more like hail that left everyhwere covered in white) which made the football terrible, mixed with a referee that should quit/be fired as he was shocking (if someone does a foul throw, it goes to the opposing side, you don't let them try again!!) means it was a terrible game and we lost 2 points because of that.

Today I've been doing the usual antics, and have had a nice tagine dinner with a friend then looked at big TV's, as mine is too small to watch movies and games on really. Problem is, do I get a 39" TV for £229 or the same model but 50" version for £349. Hmmm

Laters!

Go large TKM go large.

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    bg13 wrote:
    Afternoon Losers!

Laters!

Go large TKM go large.
    +1 A man can never have a telly that is too big.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I feel under endowed, but only as far as TVs are concerned. Only just got rid of our CRT before Christmas. Got a 40" Samsung half price from a friend of the EPO, bloody screen looks huge. Good picture though.
    Nice day today. Boy was playing rugby so thought I might wander over and watch. After too much faffing we eventually got to my folks' place and I was going to walk from there. The old man said he'd join me so it was rather a slow walk and we got there just in time to see the walking off the pitch. Oh well, he'd had a good game and wasn't injured so that was a bonus. Had a good chat with the old man too, rarely manage to talk to him as there is usually too much going on or my mother dipping her oar in.
    Feeling snoozy now.