Sunday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited January 2015 in The bottom bracket
We missed saturday (seriously guys pick it up)

Ice and frost this morning so club ride bailed. Took the crudder out instead, that ungainly bastard child saw some daylight. Was a fun ride out. I'll find a picture later for you all to witness the dirty secret of so many roadies.

Now just writing up the rule book for my cycle club that I am creating.
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Went out on the bike yesterday first thing, it was 10c, which is cold for me, I don't know how you manage, I'm such an amateur :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    team47b wrote:
    Went out on the bike yesterday first thing, it was 10c, which is cold for me, I don't know how you manage, I'm such a wimp :D
    FTFY.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Ice and frost this morning so club ride bailed. Took the crudder out instead, that ungainly bastard child saw some daylight. Was a fun ride out. I'll find a picture later for you all to witness the dirty secret of so many roadies.
    You know the Crudder rule - POIDH.

You'd be surprised how many MTB'ers have a dirty little roadie secret. At least I'm open about my shameful tarmac based habit, although in my defence I have no lycra :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    POIDH?

Best way to remove the helicopter tape we use on our frames to protect em? want to remove some from the S works / replace others now I have the winter hack

New hack minus the cross tyres
    10494767_1551562501751355_2422182196828475859_n.jpg?oh=976c1a30ca6dd7176e4c6d9c76a9ca7b&oe=555DF9FC&__gda__=1428969155_895aa5a0ab3d5778d621f43a6722158f

And the tank, think mustang on country lanes

10904034_1551672601740345_6483649846150293149_o.jpg
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    PBlakeney wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Went out on the bike yesterday first thing, it was 10c, which is cold for me, I don't know how you manage, I'm such a wimp :D
    FTFY.

True nuff :D

If you have a choice to wait and go out later when you know it will be 17 or 18c, then it's realllllly easy to wimp out :D
  • pblakeney
    team47b wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    FTFY.

True nuff :D

If you have a choice to wait and go out later when you know it will be 17 or 18c, then it's realllllly easy to wimp out :D
    You might think that would get us jealous.

You'd be correct.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Flâneur
    is 18 still not a bit chill?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    I honestly didn't say it to make anyone jealous, it was really just an observation that one does something because one has no choice and given a choice no-one in their right mind would choose ice and snow as the ideal time to be out on a bike :D

When I lived in the UK and I was a commuter I once went over on black ice and slid under the back of the car in front of me in traffic, front wheel under his back axle, luckily the man in the car behind was paying attention.

@ sa0u ...18 is ok as long as you have long sleeves, legs covered obviously!
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    POIDH?
    Pictures Or It Didn't Happen :)

Like the look of that Giant - it looks a bit like my Boardman communter hack (except for the flat bars on mine :wink: ) What model is it?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    TCX Slr 1. Al frame, carbon forks/steerer and 105 with spyre mech brakes. Randomly Ultegra rear mech. Kept the cross chainset for next season, can't see it being an issue but may regret it.

Football aint bad either eh mate, mind cheering on my team on a regular basis
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    POIDH?

Like the look of that Giant - it looks a bit like my Boardman communter hack (except for the flat bars on mine :wink: ) What model is it?
    So.
    Not only are you a crudder, but you ride a hybrid too. :shock:
    Burn him! :twisted:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    POIDH?

So.
    It's a flat barred road bike you heathen :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    TCX Slr 1. Al frame, carbon forks/steerer and 105 with spyre mech brakes. Randomly Ultegra rear mech. Kept the cross chainset for next season, can't see it being an issue but may regret it.

Football aint bad either eh mate, mind cheering on my team on a regular basis
    Not a dissimilar spec from mine - Al frame, carbon fork, Rival transmission, Avid Elixir hydraulic stoppers and Ritchey finishing kit. Oh, and flat bars :P

Got to say, Liverpool seem to have done well since I started backing them last month. I'll happily keep on doing that if they do a good job on the 1st of March :wink:
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    POIDH?

So.
    Hybrid rider in denial.

PS:- That is worse than being a crudder. Much worse.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    POIDH?

So.
    Hybrid rider in denial.

I think you're mixing me up with someone who gives a t0ss :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    POIDH?

So.
    Hybrid rider in denial.

I think you're mixing me up with someone who gives a t0ss :)

doesn't mean he isn't right
  • tlw1
    a good family day today

went to the local spa and the wife convinced me to sign up for a membership :roll:

Came back and did a decent 11 mile run, followed by the pub :)
  • Flâneur
    I am sure Stevo has given many a toss.

Spa or gym Matthew.... TBh I miss the country clubs you get in Aus and America but you don't get here :(
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    sa0u823e wrote:
    I am sure Stevo has given many a toss.

Spa or gym Matthew.... TBh I miss the country clubs you get in Aus and America but you don't get here :(

spa for her & gym for me, pool for all of us
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Is this you in front of your new Spar?
    christy1.jpg
    Lazy morning followed by a lot of faffing and missing the boys rugby match. At least he got there on time and enjoyed it. Went for a long stroll with my old man and had a good chat about a few things we couldnt talk about with other people around. Surpringly neither of us mentioned what an arsehole my brother in law is. That could be why we both enjoyed the walk.
    I might try and hide from tomorrow.