How to climb like Alberto

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
edited January 2015 in Pro race
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    Bahaha blowing out of his ass.
    Enjoyed that.

20 mins out of the saddle :shock:!!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bahaha blowing out of his ass.
    Enjoyed that.

20 mins out of the saddle :shock:!!!

I'm sure he claims at one point to do an hour out the saddle.

Warms me to him a bit.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    AC's out the saddle efforts are interesting viewing given that he can't hold the cadence for more than 20 seconds ... Much the same as Froome's 120rpm 'efforts'.

Horner's out the saddle efforts during the 2013 Vuelta were different as they weren't fast but they were prolonged, much like you would do during a spin bike session.

Nibali's TdF win reminded me of Basso's first Giro win in terms of cadence/style which is a bit of a worry ... Although tempered by the form/eventual lack of competition.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    type:epyt wrote:
    AC's out the saddle efforts are interesting viewing given that he can't hold the cadence for more than 20 seconds ... Much the same as Froome's 120rpm 'efforts'.

Horner's out the saddle efforts during the 2013 Vuelta were different as they weren't fast but they were prolonged, much like you would do during a spin bike session.

Nibali's TdF win reminded me of Basso's first Giro win in terms of cadence/style which is a bit of a worry ... Although tempered by the form/eventual lack of competition.
    In the latest Cycle Sport there's an article about Nibali and his coach Paolo Slongo talks about this. Here's what he said:

Vincenzo is closer to Contador in how he rides and attacks with out of the saddle efforts, but we were more worried by Froome's attacks. I simulated stage finishes based on how Froome would ride to prepare for the battle. Froome won't even change gears at times when he attacks, but simply ups the pace. His first attack will last for about 40 seconds, longer than when Contador goes for 20 or 30 seconds.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224

What a b@astardo Bertie is. Epitome of class on a bike.
    Great access for GCN. If Matt Stephens can get that sort @rse-ing about out of Contador - along with some actual content that an actual cyclist might want to ask him - then I'm all for this new formation of the Chuckle Brothers for 2015.
  • Dippydog3
    Dippydog3 Posts: 414
    OCDuPalais wrote:

What a b@astardo Bertie is. Epitome of class on a bike.
    Great access for GCN. If Matt Stephens can get that sort @rse-ing about out of Contador - along with some actual content that an actual cyclist might want to ask him - then I'm all for this new formation of the Chuckle Brothers for 2015.

Absolutely. Great entertainment. Would have been better in Spanish though.
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:
    type:epyt wrote:

In the latest Cycle Sport there's an article about Nibali and his coach Paolo Slongo talks about this. Here's what he said:

Vincenzo is closer to Contador in how he rides and attacks with out of the saddle efforts, but we were more worried by Froome's attacks. I simulated stage finishes based on how Froome would ride to prepare for the battle. Froome won't even change gears at times when he attacks, but simply ups the pace. His first attack will last for about 40 seconds, longer than when Contador goes for 20 or 30 seconds.

The real question is how that leaves you afterwards.

If you can give your 'seated muscles' (so to speak) a fraction of a rest while you smash it out of the saddle, it might just help you to sustain the gap....
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    What a guy. Can't wait for the battles.

Not the first time GCN has got close to him - Alberto certainly doesn't mind the guy.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Enjoyed that, thanks.
  • What a guy. Can't wait for the battles.

Not the first time GCN has got close to him - Alberto certainly doesn't mind the guy.
    Yes. The GCN video of Matt riding with Tinkof and Contador before the Vuelta is very good.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Tinkoff Saxo is a client of Shift Active, which owns GCN. Hence the access.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • rick_chasey
    phil s wrote:
    Tinkoff Saxo is a client of Shift Active, which owns GCN. Hence the access.

Suits me
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    comes over as quite likable in that . just hope after the events in france last week he drops the stupid pistol celebration .
  • rick_chasey
    tim000 wrote:
    comes over as quite likable in that . just hope after the events in france last week he drops the stupid pistol celebration .

20.gif
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    35 bpm heart rate.
    B7ZE0UOCMAEaquy.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    35 bpm heart rate.
    B7ZE0UOCMAEaquy.jpg

He must be near 30 then if he does it first thing in the morning.
  • rick_chasey
    sjmclean wrote:

He must be near 30 then if he does it first thing in the morning.

I've certainly found that it's kept the years and the stress off.

Not always easy to make time for it. Keeps one forearm strong anyway...
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    [quote="Rick Chasey" Keeps one forearm strong anyway...[/quote]

it`s to help the out of saddle climbing :lol: