Saturday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited January 2015 in The Crudcatcher
meh, shoot sleep :(

today is lots of parenting, starting with swimming lessons, then this afternoon a swimming party with their friends (hoping for some yummy mummies).

Later is the pub, so I think there is bugger all chance of a bike ride especially as I need to have a look at the current wife's car after someone kindly remodelled every panel on the drivers side for her yesterday.

right, more tea

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    matthew h wrote:

Later is the pub, so I think there is bugger all chance of a bike ride especially as I need to have a look at the current wife's car after someone kindly remodelled every panel on the drivers side for her yesterday.
    Looking at it wont do much good. Cant you sell yourself some parts and fix it? :)

I slept pretty well so feel a fair bit better than I have done this week. Today will be doing my tax return, getting my ski gear out of the loft and coffee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Looking at it wont do much good. Cant you sell yourself some parts and fix it? :)

Sell parts yea, fix erm no - I'm a mechanical numpty
  • Morning Losers!

It keep snowing here in sunny Bury. Hopefully the game this afternoon won't be affected.

I'm bored shootless. I'm even getting bored of the interwebs!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Good afternoon muddy funsters!

Outdoor sports based activity carried out-i was shoot!

Packing boxes now as we are going to be flogging the house on our return from skiing, only three weeks of it then a month home then out for another week. I cannot wait!

Foods, drinks, loafing, telly etc for the rest of the day.

Ps i'm off skiing very soon, not gayboarding, skiing!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    bg13 wrote:
    Ps i'm off skiing very soon, not gayboarding, skiing!

Toodles
    Snowboarding? Never, I don't have zits and a goatee.

I'm off first thing Friday morning; when are you headed out?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    Stay at a hotel near the eastmids airport friday night then out first thing saturday morning, it is acceptable to have booze before seven am when you're off on your holidays isn't it?

We're off to Val Thorens France, where are you going?

Didn't mean you were a gayboarder but thought i'd try for a bite off one of em!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    We're off to Lech, near St. Anton.

Fly out from London City early on Friday, pick up a car in Zurich and drive across into Austria. Come to think of it, staying near the airport Thurs night is not a bad idea as I hate getting up early, but would have to drag all my gear into & across London the day before and not sure I can be arrised !
  • bg13
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Fly out from London City early on Friday, pick up a car in Zurich and drive across into Austria. Come to think of it, staying near the airport Thurs night is not a bad idea as I hate getting up early, but would have to drag all my gear into & across London the day before and not sure I can be arrised !

Surely you have a "man" to do your carrying?

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evenin' all,
    Lazy start to the day, the joy of having teenagers rather than kids that get up at dawn. I think I may be regressing to that state myself. Changed the cam sensor on the motor, thankfully it worked. Cut the hoses on the Cotic and fitted all the bits off the old Pinnacle onto the boys frankenbike. Had to stop to drink tea a few times as it's a bit chilly out there. That felt like a good afternoons work, unwinding now and warming up.
  • Stevo_666
    bg13 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Surely you have a "man" to do your carrying?
    I do now I've booked a taxi :)