ROSE PRO DX CROSS-3000 Review / Info

Comments

• curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    Uncontrollably jealous. Hurry up Rose, mine has been "being prepared for assembly" all week.

Looking forward to posting some photos of how it's meant to look, none of this mudguard nonsense :wink:
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • Curto80 wrote:
    Uncontrollably jealous. Hurry up Rose, mine has been "being prepared for assembly" all week.

Looking forward to posting some photos of how it's meant to look, none of this mudguard nonsense :wink:

INFIDEL!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK THE HOLES ARE FOR?!?!!?!?
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Curto80 wrote:

I assumed they were for adding ballast on training rides?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    TimothyW wrote:
    Curto80 wrote:

I assumed they were for adding ballast on training rides?
    At least you have a decent light and bar tape. :wink:
  • azzurri78
    azzurri78 Posts: 104
    Very nice bike CM. The plan is still to get one but its been put on hold becuase of injury. Most likely ordering in February.

Are the PDW mudguards the 30mm or 45mm version? Also are they easy to take on/off? in an ideal world I would like mudguards that I can take off to put bigger tyres on and do a bit of occasional CX.
  • My Rose has developed a squeak somewhere on the rear wheel. Not always audible but am start to hear it more. Can't see anything rubbing or anything that may cause it. Any ideas what it could be?
    Moda Prima 2013
    Giant Defy Advanced 1 2014
    Rose Pro DX Cross-3000 'MB' - STOLEN
    Langster SF 2015
  • azzurri78 wrote:
    Very nice bike CM. The plan is still to get one but its been put on hold becuase of injury. Most likely ordering in February.

Are the PDW mudguards the 30mm or 45mm version? Also are they easy to take on/off? in an ideal world I would like mudguards that I can take off to put bigger tyres on and do a bit of occasional CX.

They are the bigger version. Wanted to be able to fit the wider tyres which I ended up doing.

They're not too hard to take off at all but obviously not like raceblades etc, I think it's a case of undoing 3 bolts for each wheel. The stays are adjustable which is fantastic for adjusting for different size tyres, also the metal is very easy to cut if you need to (I did for the front stays, took 1 minute for both)
  • GiantDance wrote:
    My Rose has developed a squeak somewhere on the rear wheel. Not always audible but am start to hear it more. Can't see anything rubbing or anything that may cause it. Any ideas what it could be?

If not a mudguard squeak (they may need minor adjustment after xxx bumpy miles like all mudguards) possibly the disc if yours has one? Not sure why it'd make a squeak rather than a rubbing noise though so probably not.

The hub? (guessing)
  • azzurri78
    azzurri78 Posts: 104
    They're not too hard to take off at all but obviously not like raceblades etc, I think it's a case of undoing 3 bolts for each wheel. The stays are adjustable which is fantastic for adjusting for different size tyres, also the metal is very easy to cut if you need to (I did for the front stays, took 1 minute for both)

I didnt realise the stays are adjustable. Brilliant! They sound exactly what I want. No need to take them off when I swap between 28mm and 33mm tyres.

And one last question. Seen youre using a 56cm frame. How tall are you if you dont mind me asking?
  • 6 foot
  • curto80
    Yay, my bike has been despatched :D
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • Any chance you can post on this thread too? Or at least provide a linky please?
    viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12988016
  • johnboy183 wrote:
    Any chance you can post on this thread too? Or at least provide a linky please?
    viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12988016

Done!
  • ^^ great. Thanks
  • curto80
    So then, why is Rose sending these bikes out with the seat post clamp the wrong way round? Mine arrived like that too. I've flipped it round but only thought to do it after reading the above.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • Curto80 wrote:
    So then, why is Rose sending these bikes out with the seat post clamp the wrong way round? Mine arrived like that too. I've flipped it round but only thought to do it after reading the above.

"Mwhah haha!!!! Stoopid englanders can't fit de seat!!!"
  • curto80
    The swines!
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Curto80 wrote:

There's a school of thought that you should not apply pressure directly across the seat tube with the clamp with carbon seat posts.

Before you start arguing with me, I'm just repeating what I was told when I had the same thing on my Tricross
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    I noticed they've got it backwards in this Whyte Dorset review too:
    http://road.cc/content/review/110792-wh ... rroad-bike

I don't think that's a carbon post, so they probably just didn't notice...
  • curto80
    Curto80 wrote:

There's a school of thought that you should not apply pressure directly across the seat tube with the clamp with carbon seat posts.

Before you start arguing with me, I'm just repeating what I was told when I had the same thing on my Tricross

Yeah I had a feeling that might be the answer. Although if it doesn't hold the seat post it's all a bit pointless I guess.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • leodis75
    leodis75 Posts: 184
    Just found this thread. After searching the interweb over and over again looking for a all year/commuter/winter trainer bike that doesn't weight a ton and is a sluggish dull ride that has full hydr discs and at least 105 11s I found the Rose Pro. I am currently working on the wife but with the upgraded Rose wheelset (that has since been removed from the builder). the bike looks amazing, I can't find anything in the market for the price, spec and weight that takes guards.

Like the blue tape as well and the guards look sweet as much as they can.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Curto80 wrote:

My Look has the clamp facing forwards. But on the other hand, that on the Ribble faces backwards. There is a noticeable crimp in the cf of the seatpost as a result. I would tend to think it is better to have it forward facing (of it works). Particularly if the manufacturer thinks it should face forward!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • I'll drop Rose an email about it Monday. Some pics on this page have it backwards, some forwards. I'll let them know of my experiences... http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-pro-dx-cross-3000-hydraulic/aid:770985?forcedefaulttemplate=true
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    How do those pedals compare to normal SPDs? I'm thinking of getting a pair for a long bike tour this summer. I'll need a decent size SPD platform as I need relatively flexible soled shoes for when off the bike.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Having the clamp anywhere other than the same alignment as the frame divot apparently give better, more even clamping. I have mine at jaunty angles on all my bikes, but then I'm somewhat rakish.
  • Rolf F wrote:
    How do those pedals compare to normal SPDs? I'm thinking of getting a pair for a long bike tour this summer. I'll need a decent size SPD platform as I need relatively flexible soled shoes for when off the bike.

Sorry, meant to reply to this the other day.

They are meant to be easier to get out of compared to normal spd's (I've only ever used m520's btw) and as such they also come with special cleats that click out when pulling up at an angle or something.

I use these cleats because I didnt wanna pay for the normal ones you can also use...and I have the pedals dialed up to the max setting so I dont unclip accidently - and they are perfectly fine. I'm sure they'd be little difference if you use normal cleats, I'll switch to those once mine wear out.
  • leodis75 wrote:
    Just found this thread. After searching the interweb over and over again looking for a all year/commuter/winter trainer bike that doesn't weight a ton and is a sluggish dull ride that has full hydr discs and at least 105 11s I found the Rose Pro. I am currently working on the wife but with the upgraded Rose wheelset (that has since been removed from the builder). the bike looks amazing, I can't find anything in the market for the price, spec and weight that takes guards.

Like the blue tape as well and the guards look sweet as much as they can.

Cheers, go for it! ;) (convince the wife that you'll definately die without disc brakes - may depend on how much your wife wants you alive or dead of course ;) )
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Cheers, go for it! ;) (convince the wife that you'll definitely die without disc brakes - may depend on how much your wife wants you alive or dead of course ;) )
    That worked for me. After I got doored she was a bit worried about me getting back on a bike so I grabbed the opportunity and went for it. I didn't mention the fact that when I had the accident I had no chance to brake as that wouldn't have helped my cause.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Cheers, go for it! ;) (convince the wife that you'll definitely die without disc brakes - may depend on how much your wife wants you alive or dead of course ;) )
    That worked for me. After I got doored she was a bit worried about me getting back on a bike so I grabbed the opportunity and went for it. I didn't mention the fact that when I had the accident I had no chance to brake as that wouldn't have helped my cause.

My wife didn't believe me. She just thought I wanted a new toy...which for once wasn't the reason (boy who cried wolf and all that :) )
  • I'll drop Rose an email about it Monday. Some pics on this page have it backwards, some forwards. I'll let them know of my experiences... http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-pro-dx-cross-3000-hydraulic/aid:770985?forcedefaulttemplate=true

Update: I emailed Rose and got this reply:

"no it´s not necessary in which direction the clamp is mounted."

So all good, do what works for you!