Arrans Working day. Friday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited January 2015 in The bottom bracket
Morning all, woke up early as usual but went to work for 9:30.

Not much planned except an afternoon meeting to rip up and create some new regulations. Just want you want on a Friday.

Would pick up my new bike but I totally won't get out and home by close. I'll sort out ym bike for Mallorca later (supersix evo di2)

Read all about making my group into a club last night and will be formulating it all tomorrow, over breakfast in the coffee shop. Need a name though, hardest thing about it all

For the mechanics, my fuse for the rear window heater keeps blowing (25amp) any suggestions? or just up the size?

And finally as this is about the only place I post you can have what I said to my cycling club
For those who pretend to know what they are talking about fantasy CC
http://fantasy.road.cc/ Making a league feel free to come and be shit with me.
League ID 75548
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    My Friday thus far has been pretty rubbish.

Set off on one bike, about a mile in and the bottom bracket finally gave up the ghost (in fairness i had been meaning to replace it for a while and had ordered a new one last night) so gingerly cycled home.
    Set off on bike 2, tried shifting into the big ring, nothing, tried a bit harder, still nothing, even harder and the shifter cracked, bits of metal and plastic sticking out everywhere! it had done a lot of miles in all weathers and I probably hadn't left it 100% sparkling when i last used it a couple of months ago!
    back home again, third bike needed new bar tape putting on, so did this and off I went! no mechanical issues this time but went past someone who was fixing a flat and asked if he was ok. As I was now about an hour later for work than I had planned I was only really asking to be polite but he said no and asked if i had a pump he could borrow. Waited whilst he pumped up his tyre and then finally made it to work!

good job its friday!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    edited January 2015
    sa0u823e wrote:
    For the mechanics, my fuse for the rear window heater keeps blowing (25amp) any suggestions? or just up the size?

Don't up the size of the fuse.

Is it a tailgate? If so it usually is a wire chaffed by movement through the door/ chassis.

What is a heated window? :D

i had to go to the clinic for annual diabetic check up they took blood and gave me a pot to pee in, to take home and use over 24 hours, it was massive, about the size of an old fashioned sweet jar, in rather attractive brown plastic, it holds 3 litres!

Had to take it in to the clinic today, there were three people (non diabetic day) waiting each holding the standard little pots, I took mine out of the carrier bag and placed it on the desk, triumphantly, and looked around to see their faces, I had to smile :D

Not wishing to start a new competitive sport, as blokes do, but I had managed a litre. Do you think that's normal?

Think I'll take the rest of the day off. :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Took my parents to the airport this morning at 5am... Urgh.

Left the tappas doggy bag in the car so it stinks to high heaven of garlic. I might go and sit in there for a few minuts though to savour the aroma!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    I see PW77 is avoiding this thread, probably due to the extreme and offensive language in the title.
    Unlike Mr Bass I had a pleasant wobble in to work, no wind or rain and above freezing. But he has reminded me that I need to change my bb. It was making strange noises as I gently turned it backwards to oil the chain last week. I already have a spare as CRC were selling Ultegra ones for about £10 a while back. Also need to shorten the hoses on my Cotic and fix the car tomorrow.
    Work isn't too busy so the day is dragging somewhat. But I'm leaving early as I gorged myself on dead piggy yesterday so am only having a few sarnies and taking my lunch break at 4:30. POETS day for me. :-)
    Onwards and upwards...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    team47b wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Don't up the size of the fuse.

Is it a tailgate? If so it usually is a wire chaffed by movement through the door/ chassis.

What is a heated window? :D

i had to go to the clinic for annual diabetic check up they took blood and gave me a pot to pee in, to take home and use over 24 hours, it was massive, about the size of an old fashioned sweet jar, in rather attractive brown plastic, it holds 3 litres!

Had to take it in to the clinic today, there were three people (non diabetic day) waiting each holding the standard little pots, I took mine out of the carrier bag and placed it on the desk, triumphantly, and looked around to see their faces, I had to smile :D

Not wishing to start a new competitive sport, as blokes do, but I had managed a litre. Do you think that's normal?

Think I'll take the rest of the day off. :D

Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-fill giant p!ss pots.

You sir are a legend.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Just picking myself up off the floor, work and Friday should never be used in the same sentence :shock: :evil:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I see PW77 is avoiding this thread, probably due to the extreme and offensive language in the title.

Spent most of the morning trying to avoid work, instead looking at shiny bike bits for when I start building up a De Rosa Milanino 8)

Need to sort out more climbing holds tonight to sell to fund the aforementioned De Rosa :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,720
    team47b wrote:
    Reminds me of the time I went into hospital for a minor knee op.
    I knew that they would want a sample so I held off going. They took some time to come for the sample.
    I filled the litre sample bottle. :oops:
    Later on a general message was sent out that only a small amount was required for a sample.
    We all knew who it was addressed at. :cry:

Back OT. Babysitting today so I am mostly watching CBeebies. When is Nina on?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Wish my line manager would stop wearing glasses in the office now and again - makes her look really quite hot and this is distracting.
  • veronese68
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Wish my line manager would stop wearing glasses in the office now and again - makes her look really quite hot and this is distracting.
    You clearly need some help and advice here so post some pictures of her, preferably with norks, and I'm sure plenty will be happy to comment.
  • CHRISNOIR
    Veronese68 wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    You clearly need some help and advice here so post some pictures of her, preferably with norks, and I'm sure plenty will be happy to comment.

Would do but I'd probably breaching the terms of my ASBO.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Veronese68 wrote:
    But he has reminded me that I need to change my bb.

Glad I could be of assistance!!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Emailed Wiggle last night to see if they will price match ProBike on a Castelli Trasparente Due Wind Jersey. Just heard that they will, so my Christmas vouchers will now be spent...

Can look forward to a packet of Haribo next week :-)
  • CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

Would do but I'd probably breaching the terms of my ASBO.

Can you not cycle to work with a Go-Pro attached to your helmet, you can video her then rather than just a photo.
  • CHRISNOIR
    Can you not cycle to work with a Go-Pro attached to your helmet

Now that's definitely breaching my ASBO...
  • CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Can you not cycle to work with a Go-Pro attached to your helmet

Now that's definitely breaching my ASBO...

But so worth it.... (for us)
  • Flâneur
    Ok pictures or she is just one of those ugly people you saw in a movie with glasses.

You guys piss a fuck load

No pig food for me today, apples n protein shake.

Cheers 46b, it is a golf hatch so I shall investigate your reasoning

Chris who did you piss off?

Finally before I go make a proper thread in a place where people try and give actual advice, anyone recommend making a club CTC insured over BC?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    One of the PAs in our office doen't need glasses to be very distracting. It's probably the only thing that's kept me sane at work this week. But in a weeks time I'll be in the Alps so things are starting to look up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,720
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    But in a weeks time I'll be in the Alps so things are starting to look up.
    That happens when you fall down.
    Cut back on the booze. :wink:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    But in a weeks time I'll be in the Alps so things are starting to look up.
    That happens when you fall down.
    Cut back on the booze. :wink:
    Unlikely on a skiing holiday in Austria :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    :shock: Strange day today, I actually spoke to one of the members on here
  • Flâneur
    As in not Stevo?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    No, since the incident I won't take his calls
  • Stevo_666
    So who's the unlucky member then?
  • veronese68
    Some poor sap that had bought parts for some shitheap Audi I believe.
  • Stevo_666
    Remind me which one is you and which one is matt h?

article-1132004-0076F0C3000004B0-109_468x310.jpg
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Remind me which one is you and which one is matt h?

article-1132004-0076F0C3000004B0-109_468x310.jpg

I'm the younger one :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    matthew h wrote:
    :shock: Strange day today, I actually spoke to one of the members on here

Not the 'You'll end up under a truck' square pants bloke was it?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!