Stolen : On One Whippet, Portsmouth, 27.11.14

Lazy Andy
Lazy Andy Posts: 3
edited January 2015 in MTB stolen
Unfortunate that this has to be the first post...

I've just been burgled and amongst the items stolen was my bike, which was just inside the front door.

Location, Portsmouth, Hampshire
Time Thursday 27th November, about 1am

Newly built this year :

On-One Whippet Frame, red and white
Rock Shox Reba RL Solo fork
Shimano XT Groupset, excluding brakes. Gear idicator removed from the front shifter to accommodate the Pushloc
Miche XM 40.29 MTB Wheels (red hubs) with road tyres

The wheels are an odd fit as they are 29” wheels on a 26” bike and make it look a little odd compared to most mountain bikes. This was my winter road set up.

Tektro Auriga Comp brakes. These are much older than the rest of the bike might look odd.

The brake cables were red and have faded to pink and look out of place. There is a “RaceFace” sticker on the chain stay which is red to match the bike and looks factory applied. This might be over looked as something that could identify the bike.

Crank Bros Cobalt 3 Seat Post
RaceFace XC short Stem
WTB saddle which is off an older bike and very warn by comparison to the rest of the bike.

15889314852_1cc34e124e_k.jpg

15270320493_d60a16dea1_k.jpg

Thanks,

Andy Young

Comments

• lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    Mate that really sucks, sorry to hear it, and I hope more important/sentimental was taken.

Hopefully you'll get a nice insurance cheque do a rebuild.

Good luck.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • Just to report that this is one Whippet that has run home!

The police have fortunately recovered the bike and are in the process of ensuring the thief spends a few nights at her Majesties pleasure :)