Thursday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited January 2015 in The bottom bracket
Thought I'd get this kicked off early, save anyone else the job.

Don't really have much to add apart from a serious lack of sleep last night. Let us see what the day brings
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning all,
    Better start to the day than yesterday. Mild hangover and a slow wobble in to work. New payment system on the computer isn't working, not entirely surprising. I've just found out that it's half price day in the cafe. I've got sandwiches but may have to ditch them and have a fryday on a Thursday. Problem is then my body will think tomorrow is Saturday. Maybe I should stay at home tomorrow then and change my name to PW77 then.
    Hope Seano manages to keep it rubber side down this morning.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I'll have you know that Friday is my only normal working day of the week :P
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Maybe I should stay at home tomorrow then and change my name to PW77 then.

Fun start to the day playing in the floods in the company car :lol:

Colouring in is now finished so I just now need to load it onto the shite estimating software :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Todays my wedding anniversary so started off with a nice breakfast and some fizz, going out for dinner tonight too. Shame that MrsHD went over on her ankle last night at boot camp so is limping like a person with a bad limp.

It's also my step-daughters little lads first birthday (the thunder stealer!) so I'd better get some goddamn cake!

Other than that just general pen pushing and keyboard banging.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    shoot sleep here, but caused by drinking too much and trying to hang out with the students in Swansea - might have not stuck out TOO much if I had made it back to the hotel from the office before drinking and therefore not in a suit :oops:

Today has been a massive pig based breakfast followed by a meeting and now on the train as the current wife can only pick me up from Shrewsbury at 3pm :roll:

Later shouldn't involve drinking for the first time in a while - but we will see
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Whahey! First rain of the year.

Well it's drizzle really.

Well it's stopped.

Looks like it might rain again later though!

My word today is slow :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Flâneur
    What are the days odd jobs 47b?

Nothing wrong with a suit Matthew, just tell them you were in court for some petty student offence, public urination?

The current wife?? Sounds like you have plans.

What do you do on a Friday Arran?

I made the error of ordering something from the Haribo people. Didn't check the delivery address, off to my ex gf's....
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • arran77
    sa0u823e wrote:

It's my only full day of the week at work, 08:45 - 16:15 :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Nothing wrong with a suit Matthew, just tell them you were in court for some petty student offence, public urination?

The current wife?? Sounds like you have plans.

wasn't really that bothered, even with beer goggles on there wasn't much 'interesting' to look at and many of those didn't look like they skip any meals

Current wife - it works both ways :)
  • Flâneur
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Full day? Sure Stevo will come along and comment on this full day.

Why Cardiff is better than Swansea, not by much but hey ho. Maybe we should find a cave in the valleys. Though all the valley boys i know can drink me well and truly under the table and then some
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • arran77
    sa0u823e wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

More fool him then :wink:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    sa0u823e wrote:
    What are the days odd jobs 47b?

Plane the edge of a 3 metre baton to 45 degrees, not using electric saws or sanders, just working with the a plane and the grain, the smell of wood and linseed oil...

Lunch.

Threat of rain stopped play.

Talk to mate about Land Rover wheel bearings and grease.

About it really.

Aren't the days long when you give up alcohol!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Sometimes hard work is rewarded (see below) :wink: That said I may need to buy a mini-gun to deal with the micro managing boss when he gets back to the office next week. Either that or get onto the headhunters at some point when.I can be arrised.

In the meantime I'm looking forward to my skiing holiday next Friday 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Sometimes hard work is rewarded (see below) :wink: That said I may need to buy a mini-gun to deal with the micro managing boss when he gets back to the office next week. Either that or get onto the headhunters at some point when.I can be arrised.

the hybrid?
  • Flâneur
    solid 10/11 hour day completed Arran. I'm going to grab the firearms with Stevo. However I'll keep my salaray for now

Could 47b be any more med.

Where u off to Stevo? I've managed to book a week in La Grave at the end of Feb
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Doing 5 days in Lech, near St. Anton. Would have stayed in St.Anton but the hotels don't take bookings for less than a week apart from way off peak. Makes a decent change to the usual diet of Val, Chamonix/Argentiere and 3 Valleys.

La Grave is proper hardcore - all off piste and you need a guide for the top section IIRC. Never got round to doing it when a bit younger as its not got any night life.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

the hybrid?

:lol:

I don't think I'm missing out on much then :wink:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

the hybrid?

they can't be too bad, lots of retired people use them :lol:
  • Flâneur
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Doing 5 days in Lech, near St. Anton. Would have stayed in St.Anton but the hotels don't take bookings for less than a week apart from way off peak. Makes a decent change to the usual diet of Val, Chamonix/Argentiere and 3 Valleys.

La Grave is proper hardcore - all off piste and you need a guide for the top section IIRC. Never got round to doing it when a bit younger as its not got any night life.

Got a guide, staying at one of the lodges, I'll admit I am a little scared, but I am a Cham / 3V / Monta Rosa / Verbier guy. Running solo so kind of just need people who want to ski. I do like a bit of Folie Douce apres kid still.

Lech is nice, no krazy Kangeroo but ace skiing
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Got a guide, staying at one of the lodges, I'll admit I am a little scared, but I am a Cham / 3V / Monta Rosa / Verbier guy. Running solo so kind of just need people who want to ski. I do like a bit of Folie Douce apres kid still.

Lech is nice, no krazy Kangeroo but ace skiing
    You'll be fine then. Although skiing over crevassed terrain even with a guide is a bit nerve wracking, like on some of the Vallée Blanche variants where the amount of air underneath your feet would shock a skydiver.

Just realised I've got an old off piste guide on my bookshelf covering Alpe D'Huez, Deux Alpes and La Grave. Some interesting routes with a few pics - if anyone suggests doing the 'Pan de Rideau' or 'Couloir Nord-Est' routes, best take a change of underwear :D
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

the hybrid?

You two beeatches are just jealous becuase you haven't got a Panzer :wink:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

the hybrid?

Not yet
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not yet
    Chop chop then, you've only got 6 weeks :P
  • Flâneur
    Off to google those and should you get bored http://www.skierslodge.com/the-skiing-2 ... ry-routes/
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Off to google those and should you get bored http://www.skierslodge.com/the-skiing-2 ... ry-routes/
    Interesting! Not many easy ones then...
  • Flâneur
    May have some bikes going cheap when someone sells them upon my death
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy