How do I create a listing in classifieds?? So unclear

tommy84
tommy84 Posts: 3
How do I create a listing in classifieds?? So unclear. Please advise.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    You read and follow what it says in the red writing. There is even a link for you to make it easy.

I would also make sure you read the rules.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thank you Nick. It was me being slightly thick there. Thanks again.
  • Mark73
    Mark73 Posts: 146
    Hi Nick,

Hope you're well.

I have listed on here before, but I am having issues uploading pics. I would like to include them in the listing rather than sending people to an external third party site like photobucket. What is the best way to include them in the ad? Also you mention red writing in the above response. Which red writing are you talking about?

On a general note, I think a sticky might be helpful for sellers which explains exactly how you post an ad/listing, including hints and tips for uploading images. i am sure there used to be one, but I can't find it.

TIA

Mark
  • nicklouse
    So you have not read the rules? If you had you would also see a guide on how to follow the rules.

Red text don't know how you can miss it.

And again

And how tos etc etc

Everything you have asked for is there for the reading.

As to your attachment issue no idea.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Mark73
    Thanks for such a helpful and gracious response. YES I have read the rules and YES I saw all the red text. Yet it is still not particularly helpful.

As far as I understood it, a moderator is there to help and assist. Not obfuscate and criticize...My mistake!
  • Mark73 wrote:
    Hi Nick,

Hope you're well.

I have listed on here before, but I am having issues uploading pics. I would like to include them in the listing rather than sending people to an external third party site like photobucket. What is the best way to include them in the ad? Also you mention red writing in the above response. Which red writing are you talking about?

On a general note, I think a sticky might be helpful for sellers which explains exactly how you post an ad/listing, including hints and tips for uploading images. i am sure there used to be one, but I can't find it.

TIA

Mark

There's no need to send people to an external site.

If you upload to somewhere like photobucket you can copy an embedded link over. So, for example here's on from mine:

20141111_132316_zpse0s2gyp3.jpg

That's the direct link taken from the page on the Share links option. You cut and copy the IMG option.

Alternatively, if you browse to your pic on photobucket you can right click and cut and paste the properties from the image file directly here. Surround it with tabs and it just works so, for example my properties for that pic arehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/ ... s2gyp3.jpg

I then put at%20the%20start%20and at the end and, hey presto:

My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • nicklouse
    Mark73 wrote:
    Thanks for such a helpful and gracious response. YES I have read the rules and YES I saw all the red text. Yet it is still not particularly helpful.

As far as I understood it, a moderator is there to help and assist. Not obfuscate and criticize...My mistake!
    you asked about the red text. answered.
    you asked about adding images. answered in the how tos.

attachments like I said no idea but showed it worked by adding three myself.

what more can I do to be helpful?
  • nicklouse
    Mark73 wrote:
    Hi Nick,

Hope you're well.

TIA

Mark

There's no need to send people to an external site.

If you upload to somewhere like photobucket you can copy an embedded link over. So, for example here's on from mine:

That's the direct link taken from the page on the Share links option. You cut and copy the IMG option.

Alternatively, if you browse to your pic on photobucket you can right click and cut and paste the properties from the image file directly here. Surround it with tabs and it just works so, for example my properties for that pic arehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/ ... s2gyp3.jpg

I then put at%20the%20start%20and at the end and, hey presto:

as stated all coved in here viewtopic.php?f=40109&t=12794866
  • Mark73
    Thank you gents.

Nicklouse. I appreciate what you are saying, but it was more the incredulous tone that I had issue with. I was having issues uploading images despite following the exact instructions. Anyway all sorted now.

Bendertherobot. Thanks for your help.

Have a good day.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    Mark73 wrote:
    Thank you gents.

Nicklouse. I appreciate what you are saying, but it was more the incredulous tone that I had issue with. I was having issues uploading images despite following the exact instructions. Anyway all sorted now.

Bendertherobot. Thanks for your help.

Have a good day.

Previously I have seen Mods just say "read the rules" and not include any links.

Nick's response is much better than before.