Project Yellow Peril (update)

Yellow Peril
Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
edited February 2015 in Your road bikes
YellowDolan_zpsfc12de18.jpg

Received an old friend back from Rourkes after a paint job this week.

My old Dolan alloy/carbon frame had sat forlornly dismantled for a couple of years on the promise of a refurb. The pearlescent white finish had suffered since I acquired the bike in the mid 2000's but it is/was light and a joy to ride so I thought I'd make a project of it.

Unfortunately a lot of the 105 groupset that it had has been cannibalised for the Ribble commuter as and when parts were needed and so I'll need to fork out for that.

The paint is Ferrari yellow and Rourkes have shown themselves to be a "superb UK graphics and decals maker" with the custom Yellow Peril graphics.perhaps I could start a thread on that.

The intention is to use it in local chippers and 10's (with a set of clip ons TT bars) for a bit of fun. I have some low mileage Fulcrum 3's from about 2008 but I'll need to swap the freehub from 10 to 11 speed I guess.

Cheers

YP
@JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition

Comments

• This has the potential to be a really cool build. I can't wait to see if all finished up!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    great paint job
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Yellow Peril. Please don't end the quest for the Holy Grail " surely you haven't found a superb uk decals and graphics company" ? Or has Ezy moved to a secret location on the Island to escape the wrath of the mainlanders.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    tim wand wrote:
    Yellow Peril. Please don't end the quest for the Holy Grail " surely you haven't found a superb uk decals and graphics company" ? Or has Ezy moved to a secret location on the Island to escape the wrath of the mainlanders.

:lol::lol: No rest assured that search goes on. These were made by Rourkes for me in a Mackintosh font, I'll post some close ups as the project progresses.

Ezy Rider remains locked in a basement somewhere...
    @JaunePeril

• WP_20150207_12_52_04_Pro_zpsc6e9fa0f.jpg

Bit of an update. Frame has been built up with a 105 11 speed groupset, Zipp service course finishing kit and a set of old but lightly used Fulcrum 3's I bought a few years ago but hardly used.

WP_20150207_12_53_38_Pro_zps3d3f9f81.jpg

WP_20150207_12_54_03_Pro_zpsc3ee9665.jpg

Whilst looking for a yellow saddle I came across a couple of new Fizik Test saddles at Bike 24. I've put the Arione on the bike and this will be fitted for TT'ing. At £30 each they were good VFM ...but only if you want a yellow saddle with a purple square on it and the word TEST in large letters...

WP_20150207_12_55_31_Pro_zps88e0fc10.jpg

WP_20150207_12_54_17_Pro_zpsdd483f3c.jpg

Outlay has been fairly low so far and the intention is to do some TT'ing and chippers on it so the next step is to pick up some carbon deep sections and fit some Zipp Vuka Alumina clip ons
    @JaunePeril