Aussie Nationals 2015 ***Spoilers***

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,879
edited January 2015 in Pro race
B7C6XOICAAAtRDJ.jpg

Note - Haussler's chain
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    Until this morning, I had no idea he was Australian.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Ber Nard wrote:
    Neither did he until about 2010

(he used to ride as a German despite clearly being an Aussie)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    RichN95 wrote:
    Ber Nard wrote:
    Neither did he until about 2010

(he used to ride as a German despite clearly being an Aussie)

I'm confused. I thought he was Oztrian.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    He was born in Australia to a German father and Australian mother, left at the age of 14 to go to Germany.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I can relate. I was born in Singapore to an English mother and Irish father, have Canadian Citizenship, live in England and race for Ireland.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Congratulations. I dislike him and am sometimes surprised he has a spot in a WT team but anything is better than that Gerrans bloke.

Beating Caleb in a sprint is impressive too. HH appears motivated for this season given his comments and hopefully this will spur him on to give the fans something to cheer about.

Cadel 11th. Porte 23rd.

10897793_832756250122447_3011090567350157287_n.jpg
    B7C9CqnCAAAr6Da.jpg

Ewan was very active, putting in lots of digs and even creating KOM solo. Proper rider, not just a sit-in sprinter.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Congratulations. I dislike him and am sometimes surprised he has a spot in a WT team but anything is better than that Gerrans bloke.

Beating Caleb in a sprint is impressive too. HH appears motivated for this season given his comments and hopefully this will spur him on to give the fans something to cheer about.

Cadel 11th. Porte 23rd.

10897793_832756250122447_3011090567350157287_n.jpg
    B7C9CqnCAAAr6Da.jpg

Ewan was very active, putting in lots of digs and even creating KOM solo. Proper rider, not just a sit-in sprinter.

Caleb surely would have won had he sat in on climb and waited for sprint, still easy to forget he is only 20 and we are talking about he close he came to winning crit and rr champs. BIG future
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,879
    Is he a pure sprinter or more in the Sagan mould?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    Who knows. He wins practically every sprint. Don't think they specialize exclusively at that age. Hopefully the latter.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • climbs well at only 61kg with big sprint, be interesting to see how he develops as a cyclist, I remember Cav saying he prefers to get more involved in races, attacking and getting in breaks etc but his job is to win bike races and so he must ride in a way that is most likely to yield that result. Will OGE let Caleb do his thing and freestyle a bit like sagan does or say sit in we are taking you to the line?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    You can see the finish here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDOBdc4FtTw
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    RichN95 wrote:

Looked like Caleb ran out of steam after he jumped and Haussler had just enough left
  • Any reason you dislike him frenchfighter? As far I'm aware he's never killed a kitten or stolen a granny's handbag. In fact in the interviews that I've read he comes across as a nice guy. He's just had a run of shi**y luck and I hope he has a good 2015 after this.
  • frenchfighter
    Any reason you dislike him frenchfighter? As far I'm aware he's never killed a kitten or stolen a granny's handbag. In fact in the interviews that I've read he comes across as a nice guy. He's just had a run of shi**y luck and I hope he has a good 2015 after this.

All talk and no go. Inconsistent.

This win was pure class though.

Tour+de+France+2009+Stage+Thirteen+EkvWhg3T8JCl.jpg

You may enjoy:
    http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/01/heinr ... y-to-race/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • wonder how different HH career would have been so far if he had won MSR
  • Mad_Malx wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Looked like Caleb ran out of steam after he jumped and Haussler had just enough left

Strange finish that not sure why bobridge led it out like that, then Caleb could have waited till Flakemore went before hitting out and HH was lucky he didn't dropped his chain any earlier could have been a big pile up
  • v's up - is that all he's got :roll:

made that Telekom team when he was 19 though..! Then some early years education at Gerolsteiner with Rebellin, Schumacher Leipheimer et al - still only 30!
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    wonder how different HH career would have been so far if he had won MSR

He likened this sprint to San Remo, "up to his ears" in lactic acid. Dropped on the climb on both of the last 2 laps and fights his way back to win. Class effort, what's not to like?
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Looking at the top pic, he unshipped the chain - good job it had't been 10 secs earlier. Just noticed the op mentioned - sorry
    M.Rushton