Would you trust this fork?

bennett_346
bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
edited January 2015 in MTB general
http://www.laufforks.com/

I think it looks like one of those things old people use to help them walk.

Also, $1,000. No thanks, i'll need that to pay for a lawyer when the thing snaps and paralyses me.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Plenty of people using them on the continent without issue, been around for a while now.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    I would trust it for its intended purpose, I wouldn't do anything other than xc on it...
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Been in the mag a few years back. Sure there will be a review on the main site.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    As said I'd trust it, but personally I wouldn't buy it in the first place!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Fork for a very specific use, not even for XC, more gravel trail or dodgy road use, if that fits your riding it's worth trying I guess, if you have deep pockets!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    The price is prohibitive, but that aside, it looks interesting. Nice to see different solutions to a problem.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Not really, undamped forks have been around for ages.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools